Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Console Emulator fans

• 13-07-2011 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I just thought I'd drop by and ask a favour. I have been playing Dragonica, one of the games *snip* (which I work for) publish, since 2008, and because it doesn't use the keyboard, I was able to map the keys to my SNES pad that I played SNES roms with.

I have heard that people have done the same with megadrive or even jaguar pads, but I was hoping I could see if anyone who has other console pads that they play emulator games on their PC with also work with it?

My setup is an original SNES pad, a SNES-to-USB adapter I got off ebay for a fiver, and joytokey software.

Can anyone else help? It would be cool to see if other stuff, like Saturn, Dreamcast, 3DO and other 16 and 32 bit pads also can be used to play it?

Any help would be really appreciated!

Cheers

Jamie
    gPotato.eu

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Hi,

You've got to pay for adverts around these parts! I've edited your post to remove the obvious pimpage but have left the thread open as you've asked a valid question.

Yes there are adapters available for the consoles you mentioned and I'll let other folks chime in with their recommendations. I've connected a PS2 controller and a snes to my pc in years gone by but can't remember where I ordered the connectors from.

LoGiE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I got a ps1/2 pad to usb adapter which allows 2 pads to be connected at once, works perfectly for emulators. I've 2 wired 360 pads as well and a Hori Fightstick for PS3 which connects via usb for mame. Not the greatest stick in the world but it beats playing arcade games with a pad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I have the little wireless adapter thing that allows you to connect up any standard wireless xbox 360 controller to your computer.

I find the 360 pad is very decent for emulators. It's not perfect but it feels good and has enough buttons.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Or, and this is just a shot in the dark, you can buy the original hardware, original games and play them with the original controllers!

Just a thought is all...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Or, and this is just a shot in the dark, you can buy the original hardware, original games and play them with the original controllers!

Just a thought is all...

Now thats an idea!!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Sadly not all of us have the space for numerous consoles or the patience to box up one and then unbox another to play it :(

Advertisement