Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help with getting seat and handlebar height correct

• 13-07-2011 8:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

I'm riding a ladies hybrid bike. I've been gradually putting up the seat height and I now feel like it is at a good, comfortable height and I'm not getting any knee pain anymore while riding which I was before. However since putting the seat up the last time, I've noticed I've started to get a twinge in my lower back on the left side. At the same time though my rides have been getting longer, so I don't know if it is the seat height or the longer rides and it is something that will adapt. It's not a bad pain but I would notice that it is there if I straighten my back towards the end of a longer ride and when I get off the bike.

Also I'm wondering about the height of my handlebars - bizzarely the tip of my pinky finger on my left hand gets pins and needles and nearly goes numb. I was reading something that said your wrists and hands should be more flat and when I look at mine they are at least at a 45degree angle and probably more. However I don't know if this is a difference between riding position on a hybrid when compared to a road bike. Would it be worth trying to put the handlebars up a bit?

thanks,
    Mel.b

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

I'd say lower the saddle just a bit and see does the back pain go away.

Advertisement