Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I think I was sold a faulty DVD by Play.com!

Options
  • 13-07-2011 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭

So i ordered a DVD from Play.com/PlayTrade and I tried to play it a moment ago and it wouldn't.

It makes an odd whirring/whizzing sound and refuses to play it. It is the correct Region and everything. I am very suspicious about the disc as it seems odd. If you hold it up to a light it's much more transparent than a normal DVD.

I am wondering what I can do? Shall I contact them about the issue or is it my fault?

I would like some advice, please.
    Thanks

EDIT: The disc is marked as Used - Very Good. But the disk itself appears to be in perfect condition. Except that it doesn't play! I've tried it in 2 DVD players and an xBox 360.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

How many devices have you tried it in? Just to rule out any problems with the original player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

Sounds almost like a Blu Ray???

Link to item you bought?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I am wondering what I can do? Shall I contact them about the issue or is it my fault?

No, don't do anything, keep it to yourself.

Or just email play.com maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

Sounds almost like a Blu Ray???

Link to item you bought?
    Region 2 - Will only play on European Region 2 or multi-region DVD players.

And it said it in the item title. I'm 100% sure I did not knowingly buy a Blu-Ray

It also says DVD Video on the label surface of the disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

How many devices have you tried it in? Just to rule out any problems with the original player.

Three. 2 DVD players and one Xbox 360

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Contact the seller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

As jor el said the OP needs to contact the seller directly to raise the issue. If the situation is not resolved to the satisfaction of the buyer play will issue a refund to the buyer directly and penalise the seller.

Advertisement