Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEO Expert Required?

• 13-07-2011 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hey Guys,
    I have recently started a new website called
    http://www.sonypsvitaforums.com/
    the problem is though,you guessed it,it doesn't rank well for the term "psvita forums" in google.
    I must be doing something wrong?
    Any help would be emm helpful!

P.S I'm willing to hire someone if I must,what would be the going rate?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 domz88

luking for company or a freelancer

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

you have a wordpress based site. try install some SEO plugins and do some research into SEO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Maybe its the way you've set out your stall, so to speak.
    You don't seem to rank (at all) for PS Vita Forum but you rank 284 for psvita forum. So there is something in the way your site is viewed
    You're duplicating content on the site in numerous pages
    You have some (bigish) page load issues and should try and dramatically get it down a bit as well as the number of items loaded (if possible)
    A few of the plugins are broken and are throwing up PHP warnings (that's not too good)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭seanob43

Can you tell me a bit more about this?
    What plugins are broken?
    Where do i have biggish loading problems?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Honest - i cant find the broken plugs now. They were there earlier, but I cant remember the pages I looked at then. They were there - honest!

The page loads are very slow, as you probably see yourself.

If you want a serious look at the page - try the online tool here http://www.webpagetest.org/

One I like as you can hand it over to anyone is www.tools.pingdom.com, it will keep track of each time you use the tool. So if you do some work on your site - you can immediately check it and see if there is any change.

• Advertisement

Okay I believe you about the plugins (not really;))
    I just enabled a plugin that I used to decrease the load times on the site but had disabled for some reason, hopefully you can see a difference?

After that I'm lost to be honest, I've been link building on forums, yahoo answers, YouTube similar sites etc. and my site rank just won't go up?
    Any other ideas?

My main homepage uses a lot of flash I guess. Could that be why I'm not getting anywhere with it?

Also I have multiple H1 tags on it? Any help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Andersy

It is important to know about all the keywords, before picking a website for ranking. Is there any other keywords? If there are any other keywords, kindly define that. I am willing to attach to you as a SEO Expert.

Advertisement