Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kerry Co-op meeting

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭BannerBarry

Lads,

How should a man vote next week on the proposed reduction in Kerry Co op representation on the board of the PLC?

On the one hand the reduction should help the PLC share price.

On the other hand loose power (Perceived power) in the PLC.

I'm for retaining 7 directors and think if we voted no we would be better off.
    How would the vote effect future Kerry Co Op share conversions though?

Barry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭milkprofit

djmc wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what they mean by paying like for like in milk price:confused:
    Very simple what ever f-- price they like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Lads,

How should a man vote next week on the proposed reduction in Kerry Co op representation on the board of the PLC?

On the one hand the reduction should help the PLC share price.

On the other hand loose power (Perceived power) in the PLC.

I'm for retaining 7 directors and think if we voted no we would be better off.
    How would the vote effect future Kerry Co Op share conversions though?

Barry
    Welcome to the dark side, young padwan;)

That boat sailed on 16th august. How can you justify holding 18% of the PLC and retaining 50% of the board?

But enjoy spending the truckloads of money the yes vote last time gained you:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Chiarrai_abu

I never thought Id say it but Stan McCarthy may as well convert the Kerry Co op shares down to the minimum 10% now not 18% as they plan for October they said the last day.
    Whatever power we had is gone after Thursdays meeting.

We will no longer have 7 Directors watching out for our livelihoods.

We may as well take our Kerry Group PLC shares and run as we have no say left or bargaining power left with our shareholding being less than 20%. Its the same thing being 18% as 10% in Group terms as our Kerry CoOp directors cannot call any shots any longer.

McCarthy, seeing as you won't pay us with milk price, pay us with Kerry CoOp share price so instead so.

Chiarrai_abu, being fair, it's hardly fair to Plc shareholders if Kerry Co Op have 7 out of 14 directors and only 18% of the shareholding after October 2011. We can't have it every conceivable way you know!

My neighbours & I have been putting it to our local director for two years plus that we wanted 100% of the Kerry co op shares converted to plc shares in the next few years.
    it's a joke to be sitting on a major investment and not getting the value for it if we were to sell.
    My neighbour sold 300 or so Kerry Co Op shares at 38 euro two years ago. It's not right that he could not realise 100% of their true value. The directors were not acting in out interest allowing shares transfer at 38 were they!
    Thank God for annual patronage shares to top us up with a few more shares!

I always said the A & B shareholders should have bought out the C shareholders like they were talking about a few years ago. That way we would all be happy. We'd have our share in the Group and the C lads would have the value of their co-op shares got. They should stop allowing more C shareholders into the co-op then and keep it all A & B shareholders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭kerryted

hi lads anyone know when they are changing over the shares and are the old shares back trading and how much are they making

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

kerryted wrote: »
    hi lads anyone know when they are changing over the shares and are the old shares back trading and how much are they making

thanks
    Afaik the transfers before the vote are passed and the conversions are due this month. I assume the trading in co-op is ongoing, just waiting for the conversions to clear before going for ratification to the board. As to price, no clue

5live wrote: »
    Afaik the transfers before the vote are passed and the conversions are due this month. I assume the trading in co-op is ongoing, just waiting for the conversions to clear before going for ratification to the board. As to price, no clue

Thanks 5live

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭PMU

share certs are out today. 6.66 ( exchange factor) plc for each converted co-op share

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kingdom11

hi there im just looking for advise on whether or not old shares would be a good investment or not now ?
    having read through the numerous amount of threads and info about old shares i m still not sure if they are a worth while investment or not???
    Scenario is father passed away afew yrs ago so shares now solely in mothers name but she is thinking about selling some of them on and i am just wondering if i should buy them off her if they increase in value down the line or are they at their peak and would be better to leave them off ?
    Would be in no hurry to sell if ye would think they are a good investment for future yrs???
    secondly what is the price of an old share now ?
    any help appreciated,

kingdom11 wrote: »
    hi there im just looking for advise on whether or not old shares would be a good investment or not now ?
    having read through the numerous amount of threads and info about old shares i m still not sure if they are a worth while investment or not???
    Scenario is father passed away afew yrs ago so shares now solely in mothers name but she is thinking about selling some of them on and i am just wondering if i should buy them off her if they increase in value down the line or are they at their peak and would be better to leave them off ?
    Would be in no hurry to sell if ye would think they are a good investment for future yrs???
    secondly what is the price of an old share now ?
    any help appreciated,

It probable depends on how much spare cash you have to invest you would be in a good position as you would have a nice tranaction between mother and son all under the table, Kerry Group Looks a safe bet but you never know My advice put your money somewhere safe and look after your mother

Tell your mother to keep on to her CoOp shares. They should be a good long term investment. They probabably won't convert again until 2015 based on recent trends. Still if the Kerry Group plc shares hold up above €26 I wouldn't go off selling the Kerry CoOp at €35 or €40 each like they normally make. They are worth much more long term. Hold off and wait to sell just before any future conversions, 2015 is my guess. That's when they usually rise most. If you don't ever have to sell them better again!

Lads, yee have the conversion money got now. the remaining Kerry Co-op shares should be swapped with Kerry Group Plc to buy out the Agribusiness side. Glanbia Co-op were going to do this so why shouldn't we do it and now take back the agribusiness side

Advertisement