Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sat4free

Options
  • 13-07-2011 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have a grundig hd freesat. and it is set up as the attached diagram shows.

Every so often the receiver thinks the signal has dropped when it hasn't as I've checked it with my horizon hdsm at all points and I've 90% steady signal.

When I pull out power lead and reinsert it the reciver gets the signal straight away.

I've changed the receiver and psu but to no avail.

Please Help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Booms

Have you tried the box on a known good dish/aerial system?

I'd temporarily remove the aerial diplexer and faceplate from the system, so that the dish is directly connected to the box, and then run the system for a time to see if the problem reappears.

I'm sure there'll be others along shortly with lots more experience to advise you properly:D

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭heffo500

Booms wrote: »
    Have you tried the box on a known good dish/aerial system?

I'd temporarily remove the aerial diplexer and faceplate from the system, so that the dish is directly connected to the box, and then run the system for a time to see if the problem reappears.

I'm sure there'll be others along shortly with lots more experience to advise you properly:D

I've tried a technomate mate box and it seemed grand but this only happens over long period so I couldn't say for certain its the box.

My brother has one of these boxes and it is working perfectly since the day I put it in.

I'll try the diplexer and plate but from experience I've known them to just block the signal completely if they are faulty.

Thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

What channels are dropping?
    I have occaisionally had problems with Grundig Freesat boxes and combiner/splitters.
    Quality of cable can make a difference.

Rippy wrote: »
    What channels are dropping?
    I have occaisionally had problems with Grundig Freesat boxes and combiner/splitters.
    Quality of cable can make a difference.

The cable is the same standard I used in my brothers RG6 and it has a sat tv combiner and he has no prblems.

It not just certain channels it just says no signal and there's no signal on any channel

Could it be a faulty lnb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Vince Cable

heffo500 wrote: »
    I've changed the receiver and psu but to no avail.

What exactly do you mean by this?

Are there other receivers sharing the LNB, if so, what are they?

• Advertisement

What exactly do you mean by this?

Are there other receivers sharing the LNB, if so, what are they?

No I had brought back the receiver and the the transformer that goes with and got and new one receiver and transformer and the problem persists

So it's the only receiver connected to the LNB?

So it's the only receiver connected to the LNB?

yeah only one receiver connected to the dish and its a single sky lnb

What's the exact model of box?

What's the exact model of box?

http://www.adverts.ie/satellite/goodmans-gsat200hdex-hd-digital-box/572573

This exact one.

• Advertisement

Those Grundig/Goodmans/Bush boxes seem to be riddled with bugs.

The Freesat forums here & here might have answers, or just continue to investigate your system one component at a time.

The Freesat forums here & here might have answers, or just continue to investigate your system one component at a time.

Thanks for the links I will look through them to see if I can get some answers.

Could a faulty LNG cause the problem?

Thanks for the links I will look through them to see if I can get some answers.

Could a faulty Lnb cause the problem?

heffo500 wrote: »
    Could a faulty Lnb cause the problem?

It's certainly worth swapping it with another to rule it out.

Advertisement