Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C&C \o/

• 13-07-2011 11:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

ABFAA6EC93814861A9CC83579A43FA24-0000314584-0002436703-00800L-96AF320EA7804C7FB0AEB3F9AD037620.jpg

Being absolutely honest here, I didn't set out to capture a diptych. Infact I didn't set out to capture anything. It was just one of them things. Situational. Does that matter?

While the two images weren't taken with the intention of a diptych, I did get the feeling of a story in the car park as I moved through it. In reality there was none. meh.... my imagination can make up for that which reality doesn't provide :P - the darkness and shadows, figures shifting through from their parking space towards the exit and the reverse. I only shot two images down there and on review thought they would work well.

I like the end result but know little about putting a diptych together other than take two images which you like and/or tell a story and align them to make a sequence.

Does it work?

C&C welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

I think this is great. Really sets a mood, which I think photography should donmore often. Great presentation.

I don't think they'd work as single images, for whatever reason, but like this they're great. Really interesting. It's like that old saying - great art answers no questions, it asks more!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

I quite like these, and as a set I think their very nice. I could see them in a kind of trendy bar/cafe/nightclub, maybe backlit in a nightclub actually. Cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

[on a very basic level here] both the subject matter, the way they are presented, and maybe even the point of view they're taken from makes me look left then right, left then right, left then right again... which is how i look when i walk through carparks like that... so i can check that boogeymen aren't going to jump out at me from behind pillars or parked cars...

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

Ya they work really well, sets the imagination off and I can look at them for ages. Quite a dark cinematic atmosphere... I like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Trigger76

Look cool, would be great album/CD cover material

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

looks cool.... has a Dirty Harry feel... reminds me of a 70's thriller movie set in LA or San Fran.... nice work

Advertisement