Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site of Seatown Caravan Park, Swords

Options
  • 13-07-2011 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭

What happened there?

I was cycling past it the other day and wondered why the owner kicked the residents out? Did he/she sell the land?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Do you mean Mantua Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭BollickyBill

Larianne wrote: »
    What happened there?

I was cycling past it the other day and wondered why the owner kicked the residents out? Did he/she sell the land?

The owner was a gentleman called Seán Lynch who lived for many years further down the Seatown lane. He operated a quarry where the housing estates (Seatown Park) etc. are on the left as you cross the Swords by-pass and continue doen the old Seatown lane. The quarry started where Mantua park was and covered the area where the by-pass is now.
    As far as I know, Mr. Lynch moved to Spain where old age and ill health forced him to sell up all of his assets here. This included obviously, the mobile home park at Mantua.
    I hope this answers your question.
    Regards,
    BB.

Advertisement