Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wrapper requirments?

• 13-07-2011 11:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

i was wondering what would a mchale or conor wrapper require to run? how many spools? and if a 2wd mf 265 would power it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

DaNiEl1994 wrote: »
    i was wondering what would a mchale or conor wrapper require to run? how many spools? and if a 2wd mf 265 would power it?

1 spool with a power and a return pipe. A 265 would power it with ease!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭emaherx

if no spools on tractor, a tipping pipe will do, you would just need to add a return pipe.
    Infact I find the tipping pipe may be easier as unless you have lockable spools, you will need to hold the valve open with twine.

Flow and return is all that is needed. A MF265 is perfect for wrapping with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

i have 2 spool valves on it use it for a power box, a return valve? does that mean it can put in oil aswell as take oil out?

and would the hydraulic output of a 265 be enough to run a wrapper well?

The wrapper needs a constant flow of oil. One pipe going out of tractor supplies wrapper with oil another just returns oil to tractor.

If you are using a spool valve for this you will need to set it to single acting.
    the top port will supply oil flow to the wrapper and the bottom one will act as the return. you can then just tie the valve open with some twine (if it dosen't lock open).

Are your spool valves connected to the tractors main hydraulic pump or an aux pump?
    ie can you work the vaves and arms at the same time?

If you can work arms and spools independantly there may be a lever to link the 2 together, which will disable the arms and greatly improve oil flow to the spools.

wrapper only requirs 20l/min 265 can pump 30+ easily

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

thanks for the info guys its much appreciated right we have a weird set up so im not too sure so ill try and explain it easily, we have two hydraulic levers and what we have to do to get them working is pull out a valve/switch that allows the hydraulics to work then we put the lift up to the last and can operate the lift with one of the levers and we use the other lever to tilt the box. hard to explain i ope one of you understand

• Advertisement

thanks for the info guys its much appreciated right we have a weird set up so im not too sure so ill try and explain it easily, we have two hydraulic levers and what we have to do to get them working is pull out a valve/switch that allows the hydraulics to work then we put the lift up to the last and can operate the lift with one of the levers and we use the other lever to tilt the box. hard to explain i ope one of you understand

Ok. So your spools work off of the main pump. Should be plenty of oil flow from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

emaherx wrote: »
    Ok. So your spools work off of the main pump. Should be plenty of oil flow from it.

Emaherx did you ever get your wrapper set up so that you could run it with the 135?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 yossor

265 should be ok. we set out connor up an old ford 4000. struggled to lift the bales but was well able to wrap them. The hydraulics were just about able for it. now have a JD 2650 on the job

• Registered Users Posts: 24 yossor

i have 2 spool valves on it use it for a power box, a return valve? does that mean it can put in oil aswell as take oil out?

and would the hydraulic output of a 265 be enough to run a wrapper well?

Best to the returm from the wrapper straight into the back end of the tractor through the filler cap. We convert our filler cap to a quick fit coupling. We had to do this as returning the oil through the spool retricted the flow.

Advertisement