Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan cheese's

Options
  • 14-07-2011 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi all, im very new to the vegan world, have eaten quite alot of vegetarian food in the past and really enjoy it, I have a new lady in my life who is vegan and would love to be able to cook for her, the problem is im having alot of difficulty tracking down vegan cheese. I can only seem to find it online from the states in large weights which could more than likely be spoiled by the time it gets here anyway.
    ny help would be greatly appreciated, I really like this girl and would love to be able to treat her with nice homemade vegan grub :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

First up - vegan cheese isn't really like dairy cheese at all. You may want to question if the recipe really calls for it. Pizzas for instance are delicious without cheese.

Otherwise there are plenty of places where you can buy vegan cheese. If you are in Dublin, Nourish, for instance, is a health food store chain which sells it. Or Down to Earth on Georges St. Most healthfood stores with a fridge should have something for you.

There is: Cheezely (American), Scheese (UK) and a type of dairy free Parmesan (which you can also get in Tesco). There is also a cream cheese called Tofutti (American). The super melting mozzarella Cheezely might be the best to try, but each brand varies a lot and it depends on the recipe.

If you have any specific questions (where to buy at your location or what cheese would be best for your recipe) ask away! But as I say, most healthfood stores should have something or be able to order it in (if they have a fridge). Good luck!

Advertisement