Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strawberry on babys skin

• 14-07-2011 12:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭

hi all

our little girl was born with one of these on the her side . it is relatively big for the size of her little body and seems to be growing all the time . We have got the opinions of several different doctors as to how dangerous it could be or if the baby even feels it and all have been simlair in their opinions that it is benign and the baby wouldnt even know its there. We have considered getting it removed but have been told they disappear eventually . I would be very surprised if it disappears altogether due too its size. has anyone any experience or advice about these.The child is 7 months old. I am considering going private to see a consultant but not sure if im wasting my time and money....
    Thank you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

our girl had one on her lower back from an early age too. We were told the same as yourselve, and I too was apprehensive. She is now nearly 9 years old and it has 'deflated' and turned a more natural skin colour. It is still noticable but no where near as much as when she was younger. It did take until the age of about 6 to start seducing. It was about 3cm wide and about 5-6mm high at its peak. Looking now like it will be mostly gone in a few years at this rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭irlpic

*reducing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭dekbhoy

irlpic wrote: »
    our girl had one on her lower back from an early age too. We were told the same as yourselve, and I too was apprehensive. She is now nearly 9 years old and it has 'deflated' and turned a more natural skin colour. It is still noticable but no where near as much as when she was younger. It did take until the age of about 6 to start seducing. It was about 3cm wide and about 5-6mm high at its peak. Looking now like it will be mostly gone in a few years at this rate.

This is exactly how i would describe hers, as in dimensions and positioning. im wondering is there anything i could be doing to aid in the speed of its reduction or is it best to let nature take its course . thanks for advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

You've been to several doctors who have all told you the same thing. So you come to the internet to verify their professional opinions. Seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

dekbhoy wrote: »
    im wondering is there anything i could be doing to aid in the speed of its reduction or is it best to let nature take its course . thanks for advice

Now I'm locking this. Seriously!

No medical advice. Listen to your doctors.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement