Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Craft Shops/Supplies?

Options
  • 14-07-2011 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any craft shops, or even shops that sell craft supplies in Galway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Yup, there's quite a few:

Cregal Art has tons of stuff, and good parking! Number 3 bus from town will get you there; here's their site: http://cregalart.ie/marteccart/pc/mainindex.asp
    Can be pricey but if you want things now rather than ordering online they are handy.

Powells, upstairs, on Shop Street.

Woodies have a craft section

Easons, upstairs

Art and Hobby in Corbett Court, Eyre Sq centre
    The Paint Box in Terryland
    The Craft and Hobby place above The Pet Store in Terryland

(someone might clarify if the latter three still exist for me!)

You can be lucky with pound shops too and Lidl as they often do stuff for scrap booking, card making, canvas etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭ktod

There's also an excellent book shop in Moycullen (sorry, name escapes me) beside the supermarket on the main street. It has a good craft section - is mostly for doing things with children though :)

And if it is for children, Smyths Toys are also good.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

There is also one on Bohermore..On the right on the way up to the cemetary..Cannot remember the name,sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ourtrail

Feanor is the name of the one up Bohermore, def worth a vist.

I would recommend the Art and Hobby Shop across from O'Connells jewellers in the Eyre Square Shopping Centre, have picked up a few bits in there and they really have everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

I know its not in the city but An Siopa Bui in Spiddal is a great craft shop!

• Advertisement
Advertisement