Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

taco sauce

Options
  • 14-07-2011 5:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭

any body know where if anywhere I could buy some of this to make my own taco chips? have mince, have the chips, have the cheese, have the onions and chili, just need the taco sauce and i cant find it anywhere!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

flas wrote: »
    any body know where if anywhere I could buy some of this to make my own taco chips? have mince, have the chips, have the cheese, have the onions and chili, just need the taco sauce and i cant find it anywhere!?
    If its the taco sauce that's usually squirted on top of takwaway taco fries then you should be able to buy it in supervalu, saw it by the deli fridge in my local branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

Ah recessionary times, gone are the 3am taco chips and the session that went before it!

Isn't Taco sauce just Marie Rose? Equal parts of ketchup and mayo and a dash of paprika.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Paige Turner

In Superquinn (Waterford) and Centra, you can get it at the deli counter. I imagine most deli counters would put some in a tub though, as I used to ask even in deli's in the likes of Topaz, if I was getting a portion of wedges.

I was really hoping this thread would be for how to make Taco sauce like you can get in Ireland - it is one thing I really miss, and seems to be non-existent in OZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

I was really hoping this thread would be for how to make Taco sauce like you can get in Ireland - it is one thing I really miss, and seems to be non-existent in OZ.

Again is it not just Marie Rose Sauce? Kethup, Mayo and Paprika. The taco sauce on the deli counter in Superquinn definitely is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Taco sauce usually has much more of a kick than Marie Rose, it would have something sharp like Worcestershire sauce as an ingredient, or tabasco. This one sounds about right if you wanted to try making it yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭flas

this is the best i have seen after searching the internet for a way to make them!

I brown the mince then add chilli spice mix (the knorr mealmaker one is my fave but shwarz do a good one too)
    Add some diced onion, peppers and mushrooms.
    Cook for bout 15/20 mins.
    I usually buy the taco mayonnaise from the deli counter at my supermarket (they get it in large containers from Blenders) but recently saw bottles of it for sale in super valu but can't remember the brand and haven't tried it yet.
    Oven chips are yum with this.
    Put the chips on a plate, spoon some of the chilli mince on top. Add Taco mayonaise and top with grated cheese.
    Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭vonbarracuda

my local butcher Kerrigans sells taco sauce

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Tom1991

certain dunnes sell island foods taco sauce in a tub from the chilled section.tip top stuff

Advertisement