Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters in Financial Economics UCC

Options
  • 14-07-2011 7:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hello all,

I recently got accepted into the Msc in Financial Eco in UCC.

I was wondering if there was anyone out there who has any knowledge of the Masters in Financial Economics from UCC? How you found it? Was it benifical? Was there a very high level of maths? Were there many people in your course with non business backgrounds? Any idea how they found it? Job Opportunities?

Basically I'm look for any information you could give me! Particularly from someone who has gone through the Masters or is in the middle of it but hearsay is more than welcome!

Some info about me: I graduated with a First class Honours Degree in Quantity Surveying from LIT in 2010 and am currently in full time employment. I dont really like the whole QS thing and was hoping to move into something along the lines of financial advisory/financial planning.

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bazzmad

did you end up accepting the offer or were you able to find out anything about the course. i've also applied to the same course but am unsure of whether to accept or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

CopperPipe wrote: »
    Hello all,

I recently got accepted into the Msc in Financial Eco in UCC.

I was wondering if there was anyone out there who has any knowledge of the Masters in Financial Economics from UCC? How you found it? Was it benifical? Was there a very high level of maths? Were there many people in your course with non business backgrounds? Any idea how they found it? Job Opportunities?

Basically I'm look for any information you could give me! Particularly from someone who has gone through the Masters or is in the middle of it but hearsay is more than welcome!

Some info about me: I graduated with a First class Honours Degree in Quantity Surveying from LIT in 2010 and am currently in full time employment. I dont really like the whole QS thing and was hoping to move into something along the lines of financial advisory/financial planning.

Thanks a million!

Hello CopperPipe, I would love to know if you accepted this and how much it costs etc, it is something which I am interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Earnshaw

Hi there,

I was wondering if someone on this course could post or pm me with feedback on how they find this, what are the core subjects, and what the job opportunities are like afterwards in Ireland/London. I'm from an engineering background, working abroad at the mo.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Apologies if this topic is too old but I was wondering if anyone is doing or has done this masters here? Did they find it beneficial and what are the employment prospects?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭southcounty

Hi guys, I'm thinking if doing this masters in 2015 and just looking for any info from anyone who has done this masters. I have all the same questions as above basically. I did law degree so any advice greatly appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Luke_0092

I'll be doing this course in Sept.

Advertisement