Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seamus Quirke roadworks merge

Options
1323334353638»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

snubbleste wrote: »
    Trees planted on SQR continue to die.
    All 70 trees planted, worth ~€20k are to replaced.
    The costs will be covered by Coffey Construction.
    http://connachttribune.ie/council-commits-to-replace-dead-trees-on-quirke-road-070/

The trees are being replaced today, Madden Nurseries are planting decent large sized trees, lets hope they grow.

Wonder who's footing the cost, the incompetent Coffey Construction or our-good-selves

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

buzz11 wrote: »
    Wonder who's footing the cost, the incompetent Coffey Construction or our-good-selves

Was it Coffey's job to maintain the trees once they were planted?

?Cee?view wrote: »
    Was it Coffey's job to maintain the trees once they were planted?

No but many of the trees died soon after planting so they were to be replaced by Coffeys but it never happened.

More recent article here;
    http://connachttribune.ie/plan-to-get-contractor-to-replace-dead-trees-201/

What's people's opinion on the road a few years since the major works?

Do the cycle lanes get much use?

Has the lights sequence at Corrach Bui discouraged rat runs on the back roads?

I'm assuming the road layout has definitely helped bus, cycle and pedestrian users at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Traffic chaos there today they should have allowed the bus lane to be used while planting the trees

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Worn Out

And they still haven’t taken down the old sign posts from the Siobhan McKenna Road after 6 years of the signs and road calming being removed.
    But hey it’s only housekeeping and tidying up after yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,120 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Have the trees been put in yet? I don't notice them

Also noticed the amount of private cars in bus lanes and Garda are enforcing it recently

• Registered Users Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭what_traffic

zell12 wrote: »
    They have - should know next Spring if it was a "success"

zell12 wrote: »

Yes the trees were replaced by Maddens landscaping in the early part of this summer, the new trees are much bigger and healthier looking that the previous ones.
    Not sure who footed the bill for the replacement, it was supposed to be Coffey construction because the original trees were so bad from the very start (according to local papers)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,120 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Trees being chopped down this morning at 06:30 on median near Gleann Dara
    Traffic lanes curtailed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭Storm 10

New ones getting planted, my God but they are causing some hold ups with this they have cones all over the place, can this not be done after hours when its quite. Another waste of taxpayers money putting in trees on traffic islands

• Registered Users Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Storm 10 wrote: »
    New ones getting planted, my God but they are causing some hold ups with this they have cones all over the place, can this not be done after hours when its quite. Another waste of taxpayers money putting in trees on traffic islands

The waste was the contractors not doing the job properly in the first place. The trees are put in for show. The concrete and gravel traffic islands and metal fencing are a result of the large right turn stacking lanes.

Advertisement