Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New cinema St Stephens Green

Options
  • 14-07-2011 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭

I posted this in the films forum and didn't get any response, so mods feel free to delete if necessary.

Is there any news on the Cinema they announced for the top of St Stephens Green Shopping centre? Or did they dismiss the ideas? I see planning permission (ref 3208/10) was granted in September 2010.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

mmcn90 wrote: »
    I posted this in the films forum and didn't get any response, so mods feel free to delete if necessary.

Is there any news on the Cinema they announced for the top of St Stephens Green Shopping centre? Or did they dismiss the ideas? I see planning permission (ref 3208/10) was granted in September 2010.

I presume it was planned when we all had money.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

I presume it was planned when we all had money.
    We had no money last September and they still granted it. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Redlion wrote: »
    We had no money last September and they still granted it. :pac:

That was the planners. They just see whether it meets the planning requirements. It's not their job to decide whether it will make money or not. And PP lasts 5 years so the having it in your back pocket is no harm. It doesn't mean they're going to build it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

It's being assembled off site, as the original story in the Tribune stated. Will only take a couple of weeks to put in when it's done so you just won't see major signs of construction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

jdivision wrote: »
    It's being assembled off site, as the original story in the Tribune stated. Will only take a couple of weeks to put in when it's done so you just won't see major signs of construction

That makes sense but I would have thought there would be some level of activity on site by now

• Advertisement

Is this going to replace the Phil Lynott Museum?

Is this going to replace the Phil Lynott Museum?

Afaik the Phil Lynott thing is temporary anyway, but the cinema will be on the top level of the car park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 harlot

Will it be showing arthouse/foreign films like the Lighthouse and IFI or more blockbuster type ones, does anyone know? (if it's even going ahead)

harlot wrote: »
    Will it be showing arthouse/foreign films like the Lighthouse and IFI or more blockbuster type ones, does anyone know? (if it's even going ahead)

It'll be a WardAnderson cinema so i assume mainly blockbusters

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Yeah, I'd say blockbusters. I think it's taking longer because they've decided to turn top floor into a food court type thing serving the cinema so presumably they wanna have that done before they open?

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/commercialproperty/2010/0602/1224271656529.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 harlot

ah cool, nice one for that link.
    with any luck it will be like cineworld and show some slightly off beat films. Another blockbuster cinema is hardly needed in Dublin.

Advertisement