Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 digital cameras....will only focus on macro

Options
  • 14-07-2011 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭

Now I'm not a avid photographer but have had the same problem with two of my cameras. I am just wondering are they for the bin?

I had a Fuji s3000 in the past and a s5000 (handed down from my dad). I picked up the s5000 today and I am unable to get it to focus on anything unless on macro. This exact same thing happened with my s3000 a few years back.

Can't seem to find much on the web about it and was wondering if anyone has come across this.

I know the camera is a good few years old but would just like to know what the cause of it is before I bin it.......again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Homer

Can you change the settings on it by any chance? Most small cameras have a macro function on them? I know it's unlikely that both cameras were in the macro mode but it's worth checking before you chuck them out?

Would look something like this..

use-macro-mode-digital-camera-800x800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Many thanks for the reply, just took alot more shots and looks like the problem is actually on all the images so looks like the camera is fecked. All seem to be blurry with a light haze. Cleaned the lense but no joy.

The ones i took earlier this morning just looked slightly better with macro.

Need to start saving then...

regards

Advertisement