Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need A Smartphone!!!!

Options
  • 14-07-2011 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently damaged my old phone and am now looking for a good smartphone that won't cost me the earth on a pay as you go/ bill pay contract.

Any suggestions???

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

vodafone have a vodafone smart mobile its andriod 2.2 and is 59.99 euro ready to go.

for price you wont beat that, tho the phone is low spec, low quality camera etc.

ill be buying one this weeknd for my son, if your interested, i can send you my impressions.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭diarmuid05

Got a Sony Ericcsson Xperia X8 last week from O2 for €79 (Prepaid)

Cheap and cheerful

Very Happy with it

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

KaiserLu wrote: »
    Hi,

I recently damaged my old phone and am now looking for a good smartphone that won't cost me the earth on a pay as you go/ bill pay contract.

Any suggestions???

Cheers!

Samsung Galaxy SII
    Considered the best Smart phone out there:
    http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/20-best-mobile-phones-in-the-world-today-645440?artc_pg=21

On meteor (currently out of stock due to massive demand, will be back on Monday, all going well).

The deal I have gotten is the Smart €30 deal
    Online, thats
    €140 up front for the Phone
    €25 a month for the first 12 months.
    €30 a month for the last 6.
    Thats' €620 paid over 18 months. The phone itself bought as pay as you go costs €580

Free Calls and Texts to Meteor Phones
    1 GB of data (grand for Me, because I have Wi-Fi at home and in work, so only eat the data on the go)
    200 mins and 200 texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭KaiserLu

Samsung Galaxy SII
    Considered the best Smart phone out there:
    http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/20-best-mobile-phones-in-the-world-today-645440?artc_pg=21

On meteor (currently out of stock due to massive demand, will be back on Monday, all going well).

The deal I have gotten is the Smart €30 deal
    Online, thats
    €140 up front for the Phone
    €25 a month for the first 12 months.
    €30 a month for the last 6.
    Thats' €620 paid over 18 months. The phone itself bought as pay as you go costs €580

Free Calls and Texts to Meteor Phones
    1 GB of data (grand for Me, because I have Wi-Fi at home and in work, so only eat the data on the go)
    200 mins and 200 texts.

What's the 3G coverage like with Meteor?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

KaiserLu wrote: »
    What's the 3G coverage like with Meteor?

I'm currently living and working in Dublin central.

I've found it rather good.

But, I've never been with another network for a smartphone, so I've no frame of reference

• Advertisement
Advertisement