Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NARGC All-Irelands

• 14-07-2011 12:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46

So what did everyone think of last weekends shoots in Mullingar at the NARGC All-Irelands?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

poor showing from the westmeath crews unfortunately, 7th on sat and 8th (baylin gc) on the sunday:(.... enjoyed the weekend though:).
    meath 452/500 county and laois ctc 232/250 club were the worthy winners, congrats to them!

how did you shoot yourself sporting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭mosulli4

Thought the shoots were well organised but targets were poor. Too many going away and quartering birds not enough variety for a sporting shoot. No incomers or loopers. And 2 rabbit stands for the love of god!

Still it made use of the trap centric facilities and well done to the Donegal lad who shot a 49!

Mick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭chickenfarmer

and to the Limerick Lad who shot it straight on the Sunday.

and to the Limerick Lad who shot it straight on the Sunday.
    who is only 15yrs old:)

mosulli4 wrote: »
    Thought the shoots were well organised but targets were poor. Too many going away and quartering birds not enough variety for a sporting shoot. No incomers or loopers. And 2 rabbit stands for the love of god!

Still it made use of the trap centric facilities and well done to the Donegal lad who shot a 49!

Mick
    there was a looper on trap 3,allbeit a kinda quartering one, and there was an incomer set up (trap 8)but the NARGC changed it on the fri evening, the traps were all changed by the NARGC lads, so point any criticism you may feel at them and not westmeath, its not the most ideal ground for a sporting shoot anyway, the field where the pool shoot was is used a good bit for our county shoot and is handy for diff traps, even a high bird of a cherry picker can be set up, but i suppose the pool shoot has to be had somewhere:),i hear ardee will be looking to get it next yr again, doesnt seem to be too many places looking to run it,apart from those 2 over the last few yrs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭kemen

i think the donegal man was paddy brown! he shot 49 both days i heard!! and the young lad is ian o'sullivan who also won the english open dtl colts title during the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 sporting shot

In fairness, the targes weren't the most "sporting" (discipline wise). Only 1 crosser on stand 8. Everything else was going away from you. In fairness to Ardee Sports, the course last year had incomers, loopers, etc. and was more enjoyable in my opinion.

The great thing to come from the event though was the number of guns competing!!! 300+ on the Saturday alone, which in these times is a great achievment. Wherever it goes or stays, its always a great event and fingers crossed for more "sporting" targets next year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 baal

i wasnt at it myself but i heard some bad reports about the weekend
    anyone have any problems with referees or the pool shoot?
    i heard about it from two different lads, but then again i wouldnt always trust what they say

baal wrote: »
    i wasnt at it myself but i heard some bad reports about the weekend
    anyone have any problems with referees or the pool shoot?
    i heard about it from two different lads, but then again i wouldnt always trust what they say
    the only problem i witnessed on the pool shoot was one guy calling the referee a w**ker constantly because he wasnt allowed to NOT wear eye and ear protection in the shoot off on the sunday, apparently he claimed they were allowed this previously, if so the referee shouldve been sacked!! there were NO reports to westmeath rgc of any wrong doing in the running of the main events,at least that i know off:),

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

thought the pool was great craic couldnt get past 18....:o and the venue was handy got to. lot of people were missing in front of the rabbits. All in all good set up:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement