Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Business Start Up

• 14-07-2011 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi everyone, I have just started up a new business venture in promotional marketing and was just wondering if anyone can give some advice on where best I can get a start up loan or assistance, my overheads are very low and start up would only be between €500 and €1,000?

All advice is greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

Derekf1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I have just started up a new business venture in promotional marketing and was just wondering if anyone can give some advice on where best I can get a start up loan or assistance, my overheads are very low and start up would only be between €500 and €1,000?

All advice is greatly appreciated

Could ya not gather together the cash yourself? Get a loan from a friend or family member?

On the scale of things 500-1000 isn't a whole lot of money really, Why put yourself under pressure for such a small loan amount?

If you really can't gather this sort of cash then the credit union can help you, if you don't have a relationship with your local CU, then go to Provident. They should only be a very last resort, as they charge huge interest on their personal loans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Credit card......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Go talk to your local Enterprise board for advice on the business.

If you have been made redundant recently look into the Back to Enterprise Allowance grant from the social welfare, as well as a weekly income from them they also offer a 1,000 grant (or at least they did last year) for equipment.

You could also look to contact your Local Area Partnership:
    http://www.fingalworks.ie/jobseekers/areapartnerships/

In my opinion funding the business using high interest rates like a credit card or the likes of Provident (if the interest is huge) should be a very last resort.

Try to have a better idea of costs required before meeting with any advisors though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Derekf1

Thanks everyone, got onto the welfare in relation to the back to work enterprise allowance and really good help.

cheers

Advertisement