Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recording mixes with audacity; Cant seem to get true 320kps

• 14-07-2011 12:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭

Im recording mixes from my mixers record output into the pink microphone input of my laptop. My laptop picks up the sound fine and can record in audacity, but the sounds is always around like 112kps, or 128kps max in MP3 format. Even if I change the export settings to 320kps, its not true 320, and sounds distorted. What am I doing wrong? Can microphone input ports record in 320kps mp3 even?

My laptop is a thinkpad running Windows 7 with Audacity 1.3 also.

What does everyone here use to record their mixes with?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Pink is normally mic input far as I remember, and blue is line in ?

Mic input would be pre-amped and probably mono signal which would result in distortion and crappy sound.

In theory you would be recording far higher than 320kbps as it would be WAV though.

edit .. just found link looks like I was right :D

You might need an external soundcard.

http://www.hobby-hour.com/electronics/sound-card-color-code.php

Advertisement