Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philipstown Dump to close to public on 29th July.

Options
  • 14-07-2011 1:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭

Philipstown Dump to close to public on 29th July.

I post this in case those that use it, are unaware of this quiet, development.
    Apparently the authorities claim that the dump has reached it EU quota of stuff to be dumped in it.
    As such as as from the 29th, the only dump of its kind in Louth, will close to the public.

Having talked to a number of business people, this is going to effect them severely.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

i hope this is the end of it , i live nearby , the smell some days is rotten , dont know how the people that live closer than me can live in their houses... its disguisting , please god it will close forever

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

whelan1 wrote: »
    i hope this is the end of it , i live nearby , the smell some days is rotten , dont know how the people that live closer than me can live in their houses... its disgusting , please god it will close forever
    Not closing to the council. Just to the public. Sorry.
    For some time still your going to be suffering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

well maye if the volume isnt going in the smells mightnt be as bad

whelan1 wrote: »
    well maybe if the volume isn't going in the smells mightn't be as bad
    I'd like to think your right but as the vast bulk of stuff comes from official state sources I suspect, I think the smell will just be as bad as ever.

Closure of this dump might mean also that a lot more rubbish will be thrown into hedgerows etc in the county!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭flickarius

That's a pity. Where is the next nearest landfill site to Whiteriver..is there one in Meath?

• Advertisement

Myself, I do not know but according to this weeks local D.I. paper, it looks like a lot of the people of Louth are now going to be paying more in some charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭flickarius

I notice in the Democrat and the Mid Louth it says it's only closing to commercial refuse now and household refuse in Sept. Opening again in Jan. Still their lease is up in 2018!

Advertisement