Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best foundation for Acne skin and scaring

• 14-07-2011 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi all

I have a wedding coming up and I am looking for a foundation that has good coverage and is long lasting.

I have the oddest skin ever, i have acne around my mouth and nose and bad scaring and my nose and chin is oily.

When i do were foundation it tends to clog and crease around my nose so and i find it hard to find a foundation that wont crease it clog.

If anyone could recommend one i would be grateful :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

My acne is pretty much gone now, but I still have the scars to show for it. I wear Revlon Colorstay, the formula for oily skin, and find it excellent. I wear it every day, and it doesn't clog my pores, or look cakey. And it's staying power is amazing. I apply it with a MAC brush like this:

mac-187-blush-brush-profile.jpg&sa=X&ei=seYeTpuICJG6hAey7KSzAw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNHF9xft9U3IYQ6GXagz7n-WWjHKnw

I find this brush gives a really even application, and won't cake the make-up. For extra coverage I use Benefit Boi-ing concealer, because like the foundation, it stays and it doesn't cake and make the blemish look even more noticeable. I just pat it on with clean fingers, because I find concealer brushes aren't great for applying concealer to spots or scars.

I use a Rimmel powder over all that, and it's brilliant for keeping away the shine. It won't have to be topped up every half an hour either, which is a bonus for oily skin! This is the one I use:

rimmel.jpg&sa=X&ei=AOgeTvz6CJS7hAeZmIixAw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGiNnA_pAmxpox4L9rZx3kmM4LIVA

Hope this helps!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

My skin can get oily throughout the day and I find that a primer really makes a difference. Also does a great job of evening out the skin to make you makeup application smoother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

Hi :) fellow oily skin sufferer! I use mineral powder foundation, its the no.7 one I use and I think its good. Its about the best non-caking, non sliding, non clogging thing I`ve managed to find so far and my skin nearly seems in better nik after wearing it. The mac blotting pads are handy as well for your bag. I`m actually using a mineral liquid concealer aswell so maybe minerals suit oily skin.

Oh second the primer and add pore reducer found this made big difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Primer is a definite, as mentioned by the other posters. Minimises pores, and helps foundations stick. Good stuff to have!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 rahor

I have oily skin too and I like Chanel Matt Lumiere. Another gorgeous foundation is Chantecaille Future skin but it's very expensive.
    Make sure whatever foundation you go for is Oil free.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭tanya2007

you should use a face primer to even out your face first of all, i seen benefit have pore - fessional primer which would fill in any scars or holes in your face http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEMfDYj6N4E . i have redness on my face so i like a full coverage foundation the only one i stuck to is vichy deramablend it covers everything . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH_heQEIcrk&feature=relmfu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭jenzersboi

I ve tried them all and the only one that will go the distance and ook the best is Double Wear by Estee Lauder. I get complimented on my "gorgeous skin, yet under my makeup i am totally purple and scarred.I wouldnt answer the door without it. You wont look back. get a sample!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sparky89

jenzersboi wrote: »
    I ve tried them all and the only one that will go the distance and ook the best is Double Wear by Estee Lauder. I get complimented on my "gorgeous skin, yet under my makeup i am totally purple and scarred.I wouldnt answer the door without it. You wont look back. get a sample!!!!!

I was looking on line and done some research and thats the foundation that was mentioned the most, I see Estee Lauder is now doing a foundation for acne skin so i am going to give that one a try :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

I too am on the lookout for a new foundation for acne prone skin. My skin is good at the moment though only a few spots and the scars from the ones that are gone thank goodness. I'm never really happy with foundation though to be honest.

I'm currently using Bare Minerals again and its fine. Such a mess to apply though and transport, it goes everywhere.

This video about how to apply foundation for the best results is pretty cool though. The model that they apply the makeup too actually has acne too for once :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwngbzv0gbY&feature=related

Advertisement