Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treadmill recommendations

Options
  • 14-07-2011 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Looking to get a treadmill for home and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on makes?

Will be used daily so the sturdier the better.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

I got one of the Pro-Form ones they sell in Elverys 18 months ago or so. Between myself and my wife, we've given it a right pounding especially over the snowy spell when I was doing 15 mile long runs on it.

Whatever you go for, make sure that you get one that's top speed is at least 25-30% higher than the speed you'd normally be running. Eg, if you average 12km/h, then a machine with 16km/h top speed is a must.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Only advice i'd give is to shop around price wise. We bought up north and saved 500 quid compared to here. I know some go on about the buy local stuff but 500 quid in my pocket is better than in someone elses.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Joe_Soap

Only advice i'd give is to shop around price wise. We bought up north and saved 500 quid compared to here. I know some go on about the buy local stuff but 500 quid in my pocket is better than in someone elses.

Do you have the name of the shop where you bought it?

Advertisement