Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tapas, Dublin

Options
  • 14-07-2011 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭

Well, Bar Pintxo would be my favourite I think

Anyone got any good tapas restaurant suggestions?

Tamuchly! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Havana on George's street and slamanca, near the tourist info office are the only 2 tapas places that i know in dublin. (Tapas restaurants are the ones were all the dishes are shared out right?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

D wrote: »
    Havana on George's street and slamanca, near the tourist info office are the only 2 tapas places that i know in dublin. (Tapas restaurants are the ones were all the dishes are shared out right?)

There is one in howth right beside the oar house and i think there is in in ivan's too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Puzzle35

Market Bar also does tapas

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ray von

Have tried most of the above but my favourite is The Port house on South William st.

Sister restaurant of Bar Pintxo but have found it to be better quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Ray von wrote: »
    Have tried most of the above but my favourite is The Port house on South William st.

Sister restaurant of Bar Pintxo but have found it to be better quality.

Have to agree Port house is very nice...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 spaniard_dub

I know it is a little late to reply but I just found this tapas place in Ellis Quay in Smithfield and I thought it should be mentioned here, It is called La Cala, run by spanish, food is delicious and really really good value, worth to give it a go :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭jkwxez12yrdgbq

Really nice place opened up in Ranelagh a couple of months ago called La Bodega. It's yummy and pretty reasonably priced!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭DBCyc

I know it is a little late to reply but I just found this tapas place in Ellis Quay in Smithfield and I thought it should be mentioned here, It is called La Cala, run by spanish, food is delicious and really really good value, worth to give it a go :)

+1 this place is very good and great value

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I love the port house! I've been loads of times. They do a great lunch menu; 2 or 3 dishes and a drink for 10euro. I've been to a couple of others but this one stands out as the best value for money, quality of food and a great atmosphere! It's like a cave :)

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

+1 for Havanna on georges st. and Octopussy's in howth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

what is tapas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Puzzle35 wrote: »
    Market Bar also does tapas

Ate here recently remembering food to be decent but was very disappointing. They don't even have a chocolatey dessert option!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MemEmee

Pintxos in Eustace St (Temple Bar) and it's sister restaurant The Port House in South william st are really good. Port House is small, dark and cosy. sometimes a little too small.

however if you want less glamorous surroundings and really good tapas try Viva Espana at Abbey St entrance to Epicurian Food place.

Run by a Spanish fella and his 'madre'. really good quality spanish food.
    and also they do Churros with thick dipping chocolate. delicious.

pity it's in that tacky place though. but it's worth it for food and you can sit on stools in abbey st entrance walkway bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Dax Wine Bar in Pembroke St do lovely tapas (and very nice wine!).

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

+1 for Viva Espana

shame about the location though.

Wonderful authentic food served with a smile!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MemEmee

they're on the twitter... they don't seem to have a webpage.

http://twitter.com/#!/vivaespanatapas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

I'd fancy some churros now...

Advertisement