Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Deodorant/Perfume do you use? (Males)

Options
  • 14-07-2011 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

I know his is done in the GC but I just wanted to see, what do all you C&H'ers use?

I personally am not very creative, only using LYNX Temptation, I want to broaden my horizons a bit so inform me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I know his is done in the GC but I just wanted to see, what do all you C&H'ers use?

I personally am not very creative, only using LYNX Temptation, I want to broaden my horizons a bit so inform me!
    I use Sure Quantum (green one) and CKIN2U for men. The CK probably smells a little effeminate but I like it so... *shrugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

This is the worst help you're going to get but there is a type of Lynx that came out around 2008/2009 and it is the nicest/hottest smell I have ever smelt on a guy..! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I also use Sure Quantum. For cologne, I use Hugo Boss Soul, Armani Code, David Beckham Instinct, or Lacoste Pop Edition. Usually Armani Code or Lacoste Pop Edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Since this is a discussion on men's deodorant, what is up with the names of those things? Temptation? Quantum? What are those suppose to smell like anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I don't use anything because I'm a real man.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Lawliet wrote: »
    Since this is a discussion on men's deodorant, what is up with the names of those things? Temptation? Quantum? What are those suppose to smell like anyway?

There's probably a group of nerds sitting in Lynx HQ with a bet on the strangest word they can get on the side of a can!

CK Be, D&G Light Blue and Davidoff Cool Water would be my favourite after-shaves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭careca11

deoderant = Gillette Artic Ice
    after-shave = Abercrombie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I've always considered Lynx to smell fúckin awful tbh, prefer Right Guard or Sure, though I think they're anti-perspirants rather than deodorant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I use a Dove for Men deodorant. I find that most mens' deodorants are pretty manky.
    The colognes I like are Armani Code, Jean Paul Gaulthier and Bulgari .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭WASP0

JOOP, 60% of the time it works everytime with the ladies!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

WASP0 wrote: »

Urgh. I sampled that once and thought it was awful! :o

Not joking, alot of the time I've worn it women have commented on it (in a good way) and it's a really long lasting scent, different strokes for different folks I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Davidius wrote: »
    I don't use anything because I'm a real man.

Woohey, chokin' off the smell of the aul boy! Somebody get that lad a can a' lynx africa.... Hes stinkin!'

(My friend shouted this in a thick piss-take Wexford accent when we were watching Gladiator once. It made sense in context.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Lynx is horrible. Armani Code is where it's at.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Same.

Seems to be a few Armani Code fans here. Don't know if I've ever sampled that. Have to try that next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

128488.jpg

My supply of Gucci Pour Homme is almost done :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Euphoria by Calvin Klein. It's the first proper aftershave I've ever had and it's still not empty after a good while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Any type of lynx usually :pac:

I use Millions, Cool Water, Boss and whatever my older bro has in his room :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Use some Sure deodorant that my dad buys for us..

Have Diesel cologne though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Mongarra

Now please, is it 60% of the time or everytime?

I need to know to increase the odds. On second thoughts, anything would probably increase the odds on my usual Brut aftershave and l'oreal deodorant!

• Advertisement

Mongarra wrote: »
    Now please, is it 60% of the time or everytime?

Ever see the film "Anchorman" :pac:????

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

A bar of soap!!!

I have also gone through 3 bottles of armani code at this stage, I also like XY by hugo boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

DKNY in the grey metal bottle all the way lads..

edit: and the FCUK in the grey bottle.. Grey bottles all the way <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Ever since my brothers left this house I've been surviving on aftershaves I've ransacked from their rooms, so I've got some Calvin Klein.. thing, Massimo Dutti Sport and some Armani.. erm, don't have a name for that either.
    Yet I'm going out tonight wearing a Lidl brand anti-perspirant. Can't be bothered with making much more of an effort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

Ever see the film "Anchorman" :pac:????
    you should have said you used sex panther cologne :P

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Old Spice. Originally only bought it cause of their awesome ads, but thankfully it smells really nice, in my opinion anyway. Have the "Waterfall" deodorant and after-shave.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Sure (for men) anti-perspirant and Lynx. 'Cause I'm class. And sweaty.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

Nivea for men...
    I can't stand the aerosol ones, they somehow set off my asthma :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

I use Old Spice when I don't want to smell like sweaty cocks, and Paco Robane 1Million when I want to smell like I'm attractive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Whatever's on sale.

Advertisement