Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mythic oil or Moroccan oil?

• 14-07-2011 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭sallydan

Hi,

Was just wondering if anybody had used either of these before? Was looking at getting the Moroccan Oil but its quite expensive. I was told that Loreal Mythic oil is a good alternative? Or am i better off just to fork out more money?

Comments

I've only used the moroccan oil. I know it seems expensive but it genuinely just lasts for ages and ages because it's so concentrated; you only use a tiny amount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭chupi

I use Morocccan Oil OP and find it's wonderful, when I wash my hair it can go a bit flyaway on day one and MO tames it down. My little brother has even started using it to tame his tresses! :D

Just get a tiny bottle to start, it's much cheaper on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Moroccan-Oil-25ml-/180688152555?pt=UK_HealthBeauty_Other_RL&hash=item2a11da67eb I've had that size since Christmas, I use it once a week and still have half a bottle as you use so little each time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I use moroccan oil but I find the new VO5 Miracle concentrate (which contains argan oil) to be just as good, it's around €6 in superdrug and i've seen it in some Tescos aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

When I was at the hairdressers she put some of mythic oil in my hair- it smells gorgeous and made my hair so soft and shiny (not in a greasy way!). My hair stayed looking as if i'd only washed it for about three days, would really consider buying it.

Can't compare it to moroccan oil as I've never used it, but seemingly almond oil is a cheaper subsitute (I got a bottle for about 8euro) and it is great, I use it once a week and I've noticed a huge difference in my hair-it seems much thicker, more shiny, looks healthier overall and is easier to style!

Would consider buying the mythic oil though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 applejacks

I Love Moroccan Oil...I've used orofluido and macadamia oil too - they are lighter...nice...but I always go back to the MO! It is expensive but it is amazing! Really interested in that VO5 though. The Beaut.ie girls reviewed it recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

I've used the Moroccan oil and loved it. Though now I just buy coconut hair oil from the health shop. It's about €6 for a large bottle and it lasts a very very long time. i put some in of an evening,sitting around at home. Wash it out the next morning and it's like a deep,conditioning treat for your hair and scalp.many of the indian,Mediterraenean and Pakistani supermarkets stock beautiful hair oils too,also very cheaply.well worth checking out.Lots out there that does not have to make a dint in stressed pockets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭sallydan

Thanks for all the replies, too many choices now!!

Advertisement