Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U-21 Hurling Munster Semi 26th July

• 14-07-2011 3:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭

MUNSTER BORD GAIS ENERGY GAA HURLING U21 CHAMPIONSHIP SEMI FINAL

An Clár vs. Limerick

Cusack Park, Ennis 7.30pm Thursday 21st July
    More info
    Referee: TBC
    Extratime playable

We have minor munster champions, intermediate munster champions.... now time for the Under 21's :D:D:D

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I heard last night that the game is being put back until the following Tuesday night because of Limerick's involvement in the senior quarter finals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Ya it's now on Tuesday 26th July :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Guess I'll have to change my facebook status so :D:D

Thanks for the heads up guys

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Thanks Clareman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭golfball37

Other semi between Tipp & Cork is live in TG4 tonight, final is scheduled for the week after the Clare semi.

I think Cork will beat Tipperary. Anyone know where the final will be played if thats the case? If its Clare vs Tipp it will be in Cusack Park but does anyone know if we have home and away agreement with Cork too?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭sasol

golfball37 wrote: »
    Other semi between Tipp & Cork is live in TG4 tonight, final is scheduled for the week after the Clare semi.

I think Cork will beat Tipperary. Anyone know where the final will be played if thats the case? If its Clare vs Tipp it will be in Cusack Park but does anyone know if we have home and away agreement with Cork too?

If Clare beat Limerick (which will be a big ask) then the final will be on in Ennis regardless of whether it is Cork or Tipp that Clare are playing.

Clare went to thurles for the final last year and the last time Clare played Cork in the U-21 was in 2008 in Pairc Ui Chaoimh, so it is also Corks turn to come to Ennis.

By the way I think Tipp will have way too much for Cork tonight, especially with the game on in Thurles.

Giving this a quick bump as I have got a babysitter and will be in the park on Tuesday!!!!! :D:D

Munster Under 21 Hurling Semi-Final – Clare v Limerick
    Clare will play Limerick in the Bord Gais Energy Munster Under 21 Hurling Championship Semi-Final on Tuesday July 26th at 7:30pm in Cusack Park Ennis (note change of date).
    When – Tuesday July 26th @ 7:30pm
    Where – Cusack Park Ennis
    Referee – Colm Lyons (Cork)

Extra time – (2 periods x 10 minutes only) to be played if sides finish level at the end of 60 minutes
    Replay date – Friday July 29th @ 7:30pm in the Gaelic Grounds Limerick
    Next Round – the winners play Cork or Tipperary on August 3rd in the Munster Final.
    Admission Prices –
    Adult – €10
    Student/OAP with appropriate ID Card – €5
    Under 16s are free

Link to stats:
    http://munster.gaa.ie/2011/07/19/bord-gais-energy-munster-under-21-hurling-championship-semi-final-clare-v-limerick/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

angelfire9 wrote: »
    Giving this a quick bump as I have got a babysitter and will be in the park on Tuesday!!!!! :D:D

Munster Under 21 Hurling Semi-Final – Clare v Limerick
    Clare will play Limerick in the Bord Gais Energy Munster Under 21 Hurling Championship Semi-Final on Tuesday July 26th at 7:30pm in Cusack Park Ennis (note change of date).
    When – Tuesday July 26th @ 7:30pm
    Where – Cusack Park Ennis
    Referee – Colm Lyons (Cork)

Extra time – (2 periods x 10 minutes only) to be played if sides finish level at the end of 60 minutes
    Replay date – Friday July 29th @ 7:30pm in the Gaelic Grounds Limerick
    Next Round – the winners play Cork or Tipperary on August 3rd in the Munster Final.
    Admission Prices –
    Adult – €10
    Student/OAP with appropriate ID Card – €5
    Under 16s are free

Link to stats:
    http://munster.gaa.ie/2011/07/19/bord-gais-energy-munster-under-21-hurling-championship-semi-final-clare-v-limerick/
    Gonna be working:mad:Bloody shiftwork.Goddammit why dont they have these games on weekends?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭finbarrk

PARKHEAD67 wrote: »
    Gonna be working:mad:Bloody shiftwork.Goddammit why dont they have these games on weekends?

Bring it on, week nights are fine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Strange that there's only one selection from Sixmilebridge, even though they are county champions in this age group. Typical GAA parish politics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

2:19 Limerick
    1:15 Clare

Anyone at the match to make a report?

2:19 Limerick
    1:15 Clare

Anyone at the match to make a report?

The sun was blazing as to whether that made it harder for our lads playing towards the town end in the first half I don't know
    The mid field were dire
    Every puck out from Brennan went to Limerick
    Every breaking ball it seemed limerick had 4 players running for it where Clare had only 1 or 2

The didn't seem to have the spirit I have seen in this team in other games they seemed half asleep

All in all not a good evening for Clare hurling :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Honan was a big loss :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭Niall_G

We never looked like winning really - especially at half time about to face into the sun and wind. Anytime we pulled it back to 2 points Limerick just drove it on again. In fairness they were hungrier, bigger and (most worryingly) more skillfull. Limerick have some class forwards - Hannon, Downes, Allis and more. Tony Kelly was outstanding for Clare. To credit Clare they never gave up though and battled on, even when it was gone from them at the end. We're still the only county with 2 Munster titles this year, in hurling or football!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭golfball37

Niall_G wrote: »
    We never looked like winning really - especially at half time about to face into the sun and wind. Anytime we pulled it back to 2 points Limerick just drove it on again. In fairness they were hungrier, bigger and (most worryingly) more skillfull. Limerick have some class forwards - Hannon, Downes, Allis and more. Tony Kelly was outstanding for Clare. To credit Clare they never gave up though and battled on, even when it was gone from them at the end. We're still the only county with 2 Munster titles this year, in hurling or football!

Tipperary are minor football champs as well as senior hurling champs.

Thought if we got it back to a point at start of 2nd half we might have worried them, Conor McGrath who had a great game missed an easy enough chance to put 1 between them and Limerick went down the other end and got their 1st point of the 2nd half to stop the rot.

From there they kicked on and totally deserved the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭Niall_G

golfball37 wrote: »
    Tipperary are minor football champs as well as senior hurling champs.

Sorry, I meant in either one code rather than across both - these are the straws at which we must clutch!

Advertisement