Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying fee's at UL

Options
  • 14-07-2011 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Howdy folks, I'm new here, so I'll cut right to the chase,

Im going to be going to UL this september as a first year having just done the leaving certificate, however, I am worried about the whole fee's thing. Im in a low income family and I know I will qualify for the grant, I have to move in to Limerick as I live 28 miles from the University, with all these deposits (already paid) and arranging house, budgeting, Im left thinking to myself, there is no way I can afford to pay the 2000 euro in fees. neither me nor my parents have any savings, my parents are unable to obtain finance from the bank, so Im left wondering, do you have to pay the fees orientation week, or can you wait for the grant to cover them?

Any response would be greatly appreciated as I'm worried this may block my lifelong ambition to study at a University.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

If your sure that the County council will cover the fees for you then you don't have to pay the €2000 only the €72.00 Student Contribution. I received an invoice last year for €100.00 to confirm that I was accepting my place that they offered and as soon as my grant was paid they refunded me the €28.00 balance.
    My grant was not sorted until December so don't worry if they sent more invoices just get a letter from your county council to confirm that you have applied for a grant and are awaiting a decision.

They will ask for the bank slip receipt for the €72 on orientation week

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

Agent_99 wrote: »
    If your sure that the County council will cover the fees for you then you don't have to pay the €2000 only the €72.00 Student Contribution. I received an invoice last year for €100.00 to confirm that I was accepting my place that they offered and as soon as my grant was paid they refunded me the €28.00 balance.
    My grant was not sorted until December so don't worry if they sent more invoices just get a letter from your county council to confirm that you have applied for a grant and are awaiting a decision.

They will ask for the bank slip receipt for the €72 on orientation week

Sorry to be a pain, thanks for the reply, so I pay the 72 euro, or 100 euro whatever it is, and then I need proof of that on Orientation week, but I can delay the fees with a grant letter until the grant covers it?

Sorry to be a pain, thanks for the reply, so I pay the 72 euro, or 100 euro whatever it is, and then I need proof of that on Orientation week, but I can delay the fees with a grant letter until the grant covers it?

Yes and Yes, That's the way it worked for me last year. They asked for the receipt and offer letter (i think) your letter of offer will have your Student ID number when I went in to get my student ID. Look out for the "First Seven Weeks Program" on Facebook also and enjoy all the freebies on the first week :D

Yes and Yes, That's the way it worked for me last year. They asked for the receipt and offer letter (i think) your letter of offer will have your Student ID number when I went in to get my student ID. Look out for the "First Seven Weeks Program" on Facebook also and enjoy all the freebies on the first week :D

Sorry mate, can you explain more about the letter and how I obtain it etc.

I applied as a Mature so I received a letter of offer last June, with a bank giro to pay the €100 to confirm acceptance on my course. Not sure how it works for CAO

• Advertisement

I applied as a Mature so I received a letter of offer last June, with a bank giro to pay the €100 to confirm acceptance on my course. Not sure how it works for CAO

Ok, thanks mate, that should be similar for me anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Tastyboy

When you log into student records (You'll see this when registered) there's something where you can check if you're grant check is lodged. Handy out so keep an eye on that.

Tastyboy wrote: »
    When you log into student records (You'll see this when registered) there's something where you can check if you're grant check is lodged. Handy out so keep an eye on that.

Thanks alot mate, I will do!

Advertisement