Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IP Cameras and Customer Metrics

Options
  • 14-07-2011 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi guys,

What are the biggest problems a retailer encounters with their security cameras and how might they use these cameras to analyse their customers?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Moved to Home Security Systems

A bit of a vague question & I am a bit confused about your location in your profile.
    If you are coming on here to spam or shill your business I can tell you now, that's not what this forum is about.
    However lets give you the benefit of the doubt. I would ask that you also read over the forum charter here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055954199 so as there is no confusion later.
    Now...
    Are you looking for information about types of cameras to install?
    What sort of problems with retailers are you referring to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rjmaguir

Hi,

Thanks for your post. I'm just trying to assess what problems retail surveillance personnel encounter in their jobs eg. poor quality image, difficulty exporting data etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

rjmaguir wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks for your post. I'm just trying to assess what problems retail surveillance personnel encounter in their jobs eg. poor quality image, difficulty exporting data etc?

I would say a bit of both, cheap equipment plus installers putting the cameras more so where it is handiest to install rather where it is going to the best job for the customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭david85

I would agree with altor. I have been to some cameras were the previous installer looked for the handy option. They would leave camera as came in the box so the camera is focused but at night time its crap.

Advertisement