Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rfid in dit

Options
  • 14-07-2011 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

I've seen angier st library uses rfid in the new student cards.

Anyone know if it's used anywhere else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭falipo

I did a bit of work for registrations last year, pretty sure they were saying over the next few years it'll be used everywhere. They must just be testing it or something in Auinger Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Take my advice, remove and microwave the rfid chip. You're Welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

Naikon wrote: »
    Take my advice, remove and microwave the rfid chip. You're Welcome.

... why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

It's exactly the same as the swipe card details, just your student number. Nothing to be paranoid about unless you care about someone following you whereabouts with a series of rfid readers planted around dit.

• Advertisement

wolfric wrote: »
    It's exactly the same as the swipe card details, just your student number. Nothing to be paranoid about unless you care about someone following you whereabouts with a series of rfid readers planted around dit.

I would hate to think what information is associated with that student number. Something tells me they have more info than they should. This is just a wild presumption, no less.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dylancommons

Hi my name is Dylan, I understand these messages are from a number of years ago however I am carrying out a research masters on the ability to track students attendance and was wondering if you could help me out with a few questions. Do you know of the companies that are providing these RFID cards/readers to the Irish Universities?

Advertisement