Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thin Lizzy Live in Waterford

• 14-07-2011 3:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,665 ✭✭✭✭

Apolioges if this is not the thread for this.

Who else thinks the new thin lizzy should be booked for a show in the fourm or any waterford venue??

I think it was in 2005 the old new line up played the fourm but after seeing this new line up of thin lizzy they are amazing live well not as amazing as when Phil was alive but still amazing.

This current lizzy line up done shows in Castlebar and Killanrey so what makes Waterford so different
    Or even better if Thin Lizzy where included for the tall ships fest lol

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Talk to people in the industry and they will tell you that Waterford is among the worst counties in ireland for live music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Thin Lizzy played live in the Árd Rí about 40 years ago. And that was the proper Thin Lizzy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,665 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

dayshah wrote: »
    Thin Lizzy played live in the Árd Rí about 40 years ago. And that was the proper Thin Lizzy.

my uncle was at it and was involved in a car crash the night after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭kkdela6

Talk to people in the industry and they will tell you that Waterford is among the worst counties in ireland for live music.

and its a damn shame. with all that talent. its like having a big pouch of tobaccy and no skins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

PTH2009 wrote: »
    my uncle was at it and was involved in a car crash the night after.
    Your point being.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭scico rocks

kkdela6 wrote: »
    and its a damn shame. with all that talent. its like having a big pouch of tobaccy and no skins

Its true though, Waterford gigs rarely seem to sell out, yet the same acts seem to be able to sell out around the country. Just click on the 50cent festival thread and be amazed at the amount of bad will that some people have for the promoters etc.

Your point being.:rolleyes:

Just what im told everytime i mention thin lizzy to my family

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DRUMorDIE

Am I right to believe that Thin Lizzy have played Katy Riellys on the main road and The Showboat but it is a shame Waterford isnt promoted as a venue. The Forum is the same size as other smaller venues such as The Savoy in Cork or any number of places in Dublin (Tripod, Academy etc). Anyone have any idea why Waterford just cant pull acts these days?

Cause the acts don't pull the crowds.

Us waterford heads are too damn stingey. I have friends who live beside the forum who would rather walk all the way down to masons rather than pay the fiver into the forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

kkdela6 wrote: »
    Us waterford heads are too damn stingey. I have friends who live beside the forum who would rather walk all the way down to masons rather than pay the fiver into the forum.

Fook. That's brutal. The forum is the best imho

seanybiker wrote: »
    Fook. That's brutal. The forum is the best imho

yea its hands down the best place in town. its worth the fiver for the good music and the mainly sound people who go there. never see any rough heads in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I'd still find the forum drink prices to be a little high. A pint of draught lager (cheapo piss) is still a fiver. That's dearer than say the Twisted Pepper in Dublin.

That said, it's probably the only late night place in Waterford I'd ever go if I'm around at the weekend.

the music fest next year should be a heavy metal/rock festival

+1 on this. I can never understand how come we have to leave the country to catch a decent metal fest \m/

old gregg wrote: »
    +1 on this. I can never understand how come we have to leave the country to catch a decent metal fest \m/

Because you haven't a hope in hell of selling 15 thousand tickets for a heavy metal concert in Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

How are the sales for this years event going?

Because you haven't a hope in hell of selling 15 thousand tickets for a heavy metal concert in Waterford.

Well, I'd not be that interested in selling that many tickets in Waterford as you'd be hard pushed to sell that many tickets to any live musical event in Waterford. The point was more to do with selling tickets to an event that happened to be located in Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mr556073

I totally agree !! :D nice thinking

Advertisement