Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom speed

Options
  • 14-07-2011 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

When i first got my eircom NGB in i was getting 6mps now since last weekend im only getting 3.5 mbs. does anyone know why this happens or how to fix? And i'm getting that speed over wifi and with a cable plugged in

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

keithzer wrote: »
    When i first got my eircom NGB in i was getting 6mps now since last weekend im only getting 3.5 mbs. does anyone know why this happens or how to fix? And i'm getting that speed over wifi and with a cable plugged in

Hi keithzer
    I can see difference in your sync profile since last test, has anything been changed? Have you contacted tech support, have they changed anything?
    Do you have many devices sharing this connection or Sky connected? Do you have an extention cable connecting modem to socket?

I enclose some guide lines which may help

f you feel your main phone socket (map) is faulty or broken, please call into phone line faults, and report this.

eircom Technical Support advise before you call them, please take a look at the following, which may be helpful -

Low attainable rates, or poor broadband speed, may be caused by interference on the internal wiring. Please take a look at the following Broadband Checklist, which will help determine where this interference lies. The modem itself may not be the source of the problem. Before you try the Broadband Checklist, try the following :

Powercycle the modem:
    Flick the power switch to the Off position on the back of the modem
    Wait 30 seconds
    Switch the modem back On
    Wait two minutes for the modem to re-connect

*It is vital that you temporarily disconnect everything from the phone line: phones, fax machine, Sky Digital TV, or any other equipment connected to the phone line which may interfere with the broadband connection. Remove the adsl splitter and connect the modem directly to the main phone socket.

If you are unsure what this means, please take a look at our Broadband Checklist below

Broadband Checklist - http://bit.ly/cTw6pU
    (If you have any problem opening the above website, please copy & paste the URL into your Internet browser address bar.)

If you are still getting slow speeds, due to the above, then I suggest you try a full hard reset of your modem. To do this please follow the instruction on the this Support Forum website -

Resetting the Modem - http://bit.ly/mDVsrU
    If you are still experiencing slow connections after this, then you will need to call into Broadband Support -

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (lowcall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (Mon - Sun).

Please retain your case id /reference from Technical Support, in case you need to follow up on this.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Hope this helps
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 3 EOVAUGHAN

i have the efibre and evision package and it is just terrible. i have had it some 4 months now and it is always the same issue intermittently slow speeds and then when the evision is turned on just forget about it. then i rang up to complain and told them i am an employee of another telecomms company who also supply home phone and BB... and i am met with nothing but negative attitudes...ive had my line tested several times, new modem and an engineer out to the exchange / cabinet, but still they wont accept my issue and just leave me out of the contract. i have been through every setting you can think of in the modem... because im am trained in that area... oh did i forget to mention i am a tech support guy... i could rang on and on and on about eircom, then last week i got onto them and said i would be going to comreg about unfair treatment and the speeds issue at hand. they just did not care. the reply i got after ringing up 6 times was you have only every rang in 2 times to complain about this issue. if you have rang in 6 times the calls where not logged. then the agent past me from care to tech to cancellations to tech and then back to cancellations... 

my line has been tested and there is nothing wrong with it. i have had 2 modems and 6 dsl cable + 4 splitters and still have this issue has anyone had any similar to this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

EOVAUGHAN wrote: »
    i have the efibre and evision package and it is just terrible. i have had it some 4 months now and it is always the same issue intermittently slow speeds and then when the evision is turned on just forget about it. then i rang up to complain and told them i am an employee of another telecomms company who also supply home phone and BB... and i am met with nothing but negative attitudes...ive had my line tested several times, new modem and an engineer out to the exchange / cabinet, but still they wont accept my issue and just leave me out of the contract. i have been through every setting you can think of in the modem... because im am trained in that area... oh did i forget to mention i am a tech support guy... i could rang on and on and on about eircom, then last week i got onto them and said i would be going to comreg about unfair treatment and the speeds issue at hand. they just did not care. the reply i got after ringing up 6 times was you have only every rang in 2 times to complain about this issue. if you have rang in 6 times the calls where not logged. then the agent past me from care to tech to cancellations to tech and then back to cancellations... 

my line has been tested and there is nothing wrong with it. i have had 2 modems and 6 dsl cable + 4 splitters and still have this issue has anyone had any similar to this
    Hi EOVAUGHAN
    I have just replied to your PM and if you can provide the information requested we can have this investigated fully for you.
    If you have any previous case reference numbers this will help also.
    Thanks
    Tony

Advertisement