Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newly Rendered Wall

• 14-07-2011 4:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭

Hi Boardsies

I have a newly rendered rear garden wall. Scudded, Scratched and top coat.

Its approx 22sqm

I was wondering what is the length of time i should wait until its fit for painting?

Teh render was sand and cement 4-1 mix.

And...

When i do go to paint it should i put the paint straight on or should i prime it?

Thanks

Potsy

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

potsy11 wrote: »
    Hi Boardsies

Its approx 22sqm

I was wondering what is the length of time i should wait until its fit for painting?

And...

When i do go to paint it should i put the paint straight on or should i prime it?

Thanks

Potsy

You could have coloured the render top coat when mixing it up,and you wouldnt need to paint at all.

Thats what I did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

potsy11 wrote: »
    Hi Boardsies

Its approx 22sqm

And...

Thanks

Potsy

did u do the job yourself? I'm looking for tips on rendering

Advertisement