Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a Logo

Options
  • 14-07-2011 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi,

I need a logo design for a startup company. I wanted to use collabfinder.com but it doesn't seem to work. Anyone knows if the site is not working anymore?

Anywhere else where i can get a Logo designed (cheap...)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Define cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Define cheap.

Bad quality, bad scaling, colour problems, poor identity and branding, likely over-complicated, limited formats, outsourced to asian sub-continent or dodgy tweak similar copy found on interwebs in crowdsource competition or someone else with little commercial experience, which is poor for adding value to the company.

Have I missed anything?

OP, your logo and identity is a core statement about your business, value it and invest in it accordingly. You'll do your business a big big favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Salaas

I believe they mentioned the word cheap possibly because they do not have experience with logo design pricing and may have a limited budget as they are a startup company.

beatrice33, if you could give us more detail in relation to what your looking for we would be able to give you more help.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,572 ✭✭✭✭looksee

OP, designing logos can be really depressing.

You give the client what amounts to up to half a dozen tiny images, then take the chosen one and do incomprehensible things to it which are much like getting a roof repaired: expensive, essential, and nothing much to show for it - until it rains.

Then give the client the invoice and you can see him thinking...that seems like an awful lot for that tiny result. And no matter how much he likes it you know he feels cheated, and has no idea of how many hours you spent making sketches and working them up and trying to get the exact curve on a line so that it looks completely natural and inevitable, and how else would you do it?

And then someone says, I could get my nephew to make me one, he's handy on the computer. Or he comes to you with nephew's Photoshop effort and says 'I want this logo but the printer says he can't use it, can you just do the stuff to make it usable...'

So, what is 'cheap' and which stage of the process do you want to omit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Torqux

I can make you a nice simple one for cheap enough, if you want to see some of my previous work, my online portfolio is: www.Torqux.DAportfolio.com

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭beatrice33

Salaas wrote: »
    I believe they mentioned the word cheap possibly because they do not have experience with logo design pricing and may have a limited budget as they are a startup company.

beatrice33, if you could give us more detail in relation to what your looking for we would be able to give you more help.

Hi all and sorry for not replying earlier,

as Salaas said, I really don't have a budget, Im quite broke tbh and trying to get something off the ground which is proving to be challenging!

I have some knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop so I have come up with a very simple logo for the meantime, until I can pay someone for something more elaborated.

Ill keep a note of all of you that have offered their skills :)

Advertisement