Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTSB - 10% Bonus Offer

Options
  • 14-07-2011 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had any luck in getting a better offer than the 10% currently offered by PTSB for paying off their tracker mortgage?

The general consensus seems to be that 10% is somewhat of a cheeky offer by the PTSB for those with a tracker mortgage to pay off a lump sum.

Has anyone succeeded in negotiating with the PTSB for a better offer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Lanshane

Moyglish wrote: »
    Has anyone had any luck in getting a better offer than the 10% currently offered by PTSB for paying off their tracker mortgage?

The general consensus seems to be that 10% is somewhat of a cheeky offer by the PTSB for those with a tracker mortgage to pay off a lump sum.

Has anyone succeeded in negotiating with the PTSB for a better offer?

No, not yet but be patient. I reckon they are picking off the low lying fruit first. When the offer first came out they were offering it for a limited time only, and you could only avail of the bonus up to a maximum of 50% of the remainder of the loan. Every time I ring up asking about it I'm told to hurry and take up the offer as it is doing very well and will end soon!!Yet, since the deal started, it has been extended at least twice and now you can pay off 100% of the mortgage while availing of the 10% bonus. The deal is up again at the end of August, and I guarantee you it will be either extended again or they might start looking at increasing the bonus rate. Be patient, don't rush into anything, and don't buy the bull they sell! A better deal will come IMO ;)

Advertisement