Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suitable Soldering Iron?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

get this one.

only disadvantage is it comes with US or China plug, but it has ground cable. I modded mine with kettle lead. Works like a charm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

docentore wrote: »
    get this one.

only disadvantage is it comes with US or China plug, but it has ground cable. I modded mine with kettle lead. Works like a charm

Cheers ;)

Just checked on ebay there and found this one:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Variable-Temperature-Soldering-Station-Iron-Kit-NEW-/120730956097?pt=UK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item1c1c203141

It's also on amazon but not available for postage to here. Actually I think might buy this one instead of the one on dealextreme. I've read about people waiting months for stuff from dealextreme which is a bit off-putting. If I ordered the necessary extras from dealextreme it would probably only work out a few euro cheaper too. I wouldn't have to use a power converter either for this iron.

I think I'll buy that one on ebay and hope for the best. :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

So I bought the one from ebay. I plugged it in for the first time and there's smoke coming from the holes by the handle. :confused: That shouldn't be happening, should it? I tried it againb afterwards and it was still smoking.

I'm wondering if I should contact the seller and get a refund or a replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Smoking isnt normal unless your using a flux based solder, you could pick one up from your local woodies for €9.99 if your only interested in light wiring work, mod chip installation etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

15watt irons with a good tip is all you need for most small soldering,

peats sell diy soldering kits that are handy to get to grips with soldering

• Advertisement
Advertisement