Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help-Meteor Cleaned me Out

Options
  • 14-07-2011 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Help Please!

My Meteor Bill has been taken from my account and its huge! €1100 and I’m freaking out! I was in New York during the month and used my phone to text a handful of times and was on Google and Facebook but only minimally ( Not every day-but would log in randomly to Google something/ look at Facebook for few seconds then out again). I was not on YouTube or downloading anything but the bill has come to this. I rang them up and they said there is nothing they can do.
    Also the bill was sent to my old address ( which is my home address ) even though I updated it to my current address at the end of June. So I was not aware that this was coming out of my account.
    Is there anything that anyone can recommend. Again the money is out of my account already-so I cannot org. a payment plan for this.
    It’s possible that I left it on Data Network Mode but I’m not aware if this costs to be “on”. Also I would have thought that they would get in touch should the bill be €1050 more than it is usually.

Any recommendations/ help / donations are appreciated. J

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Have you contacted them? They are usually reasonable about these kind of bills and reduce them but not sure how they would approach it seeing that the money has been paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

http://roaming.meteor.ie/plans/roaming/billpay/us.html

€10.24 per Mb!!!! If you had left data on so your facebook/twitter/e-mail is constantly running in the background, the costs could build up pretty quickly as it does use a little data for every update (even if it's just to update that there are no updates!).

If they've hit your account already, I can't imagine them wanting to give any of the money back, it is a bill you ran up after all, by accident or otherwise. As a victim of crazy bills in the past, I feel your pain OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Ring their customer care people. I'm a Meteor customer and they've always been very reasonable about sorting out any billing issues I encountered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

did you not get an automatic txt when you first connected to a mobile network to the states warning you about the charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

I think that warning text is only in Europe. I pressed the wrong button on my phone before and cost myself €20 credit, thank god I wanst on bill-pay then! I was annyoed though, because I had turned off all data beforehand and an app asked to be allowed online.

Sickening bill!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,868 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Ring their customer care people. I'm a Meteor customer and they've always been very reasonable about sorting out any billing issues I encountered.

I'm with them too and have had nothing but hassle with their infamous/almost mytical "billing/credit control department". :rolleyes:

Here's my experience with them and the follow-up over in Consumer Issues

Oh and here's another thread too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

I've had a few billing problems(discounts not being applied) with Meteor, but in fairness, they were sorted out painlessly enough once I went along with their procedure.

Advertisement