Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robberies in Maynooth.

Options
  • 14-07-2011 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭

Just to inform people to be extra weary, there's been an increase in break ins around the Beaufield / Meadowbrook / College Green / Cluin Aoibheann areas.

Last night my friend's house in Collage Green was broken into and about two weeks a house in Beaufield Gardens was robbed. Both were student accomadations.

After going to the guards, my friend said they were informed of a large number of these robberies in the last few months. They reckon it may be due to a drug dealer living in the area, forcing young fella's to steal electronics to pay for coke and ecstacy.

So just make sure you're alarm is on and all the windows / dorrs are locked when you go to bed.

And dont leave the keys on the hall table! (Fishing rods are great for scooping these)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Thanks for that.

My experience living here so far ans been good but will be a bit more vigilant now.

Advertisement