Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIU - Atlantic Inetrnation University

Options
  • 14-07-2011 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello, is anyone familiar with AIU?

They offer distance learning courses.

You in conjucntion with the course leader decide on the subjects that are to be covered, that you need for your particular job or whatever.

http://www.aiu.edu/AreasStudy.html

The above web link brings you to their web site.

Are they a genuie outfit? I have spoken to one of their reps on a number of times now & they sound OK.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

Yeah.
    Its the most prestigious university in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Looks like a pile of ****e to me.

Never heard of it, crap website and its unaccredited.

If you want to go to a fine college see the Dublin Metropolitan University.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

OP, to save you the time I'll put this as plainly as possible. AIU is a fake university, it's what we call a "degree mill". Also, it's on the wikipedia list of unaccredited institutions. And the following pretty much sums it up:
    ATLANTIC INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY IS NOT ACCREDITED BY AN ACCREDITING AGENCY RECOGNIZED BY THE UNITED STATES SECRETARY OF EDUCATION.

So, stick to a real university.
    Looks like a pile of ****e to me.

Never heard of it, crap website and its unaccredited.

If you want to go to a fine college see the Dublin Metropolitan University.

Did ya see where it's registered to:

Dublin Metropolitan University
    Registered Office Address
    DMU is registered in Cyprus,
    Reg no. 168872
    86 Athinon,3040, Nora Court,
    301-302 Limasol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

El Siglo wrote: »
    Did ya see where it's registered to:

Dublin Metropolitan University
    Registered Office Address
    DMU is registered in Cyprus,
    Reg no. 168872
    86 Athinon,3040, Nora Court,
    301-302 Limasol

Yeah thats up beside tallaght I think ;) The chancellor looks like a fine fellow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Seriously OP, I always wonder how you could possibly be taken in by these sort of scams. The thing is hillariously false.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,011 ✭✭✭✭bnt

What, didn't you learn your lesson the last time? The AIU web page also says:
    AIU has chosen private accreditation through the Accrediting Commission International (ACI) which it obtained in 1999
    The Accrediting Commission International (ACI) has a page on Wikipedia, here. Read it and (bleep)! Looks similar to the Malaysian Accreditation Syndicate we've already encountered. Turns out that there's a name for such institutions: accreditation mills. Quackwatch has a piece on the ACI and its predecessor, the ICU. :eek:

Seriously, OP - there are no shortcuts to any qualification that would be recognised by any reputable employer or institute. If they're going to be star-struck by the word "university" on a diploma, you probably don't want to work for them. If you're wondering whether any university is real, try looking at where they appear in e.g. the Times Higher Education Rankings - or whether they appear at all.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Yeah thats up beside tallaght I think ;) The chancellor looks like a fine fellow

Oh yeh, very legitimate organisation, look at the senate of the AIU...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I see the chancellors not a fan of the Atkins diet. A life without bread sounds like a good read. :D

Advertisement