Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flying Ants are Out !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

Alover D13 as well. Hundreds of gulls wheeling around above the house feeding on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Were all over Artane yesterday.A sight to behold.:eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Out again today!

I thought (mistakenly) that this only happens for one day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

All over D7/D15 ruined my last glass of red.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Farm is covered in them today. I was going to sit on a rock for a few minutes in the middle of the day, good job I took a closer look before I did :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

I've just had a big hatch under my deck. I was hosing it down, so maybe the water set them off. Garden is full of swifts, willow warblers and swallows snapping them up. Even the house sparrows are having a go. The swifts are so close I can hear their beaks snapping shut on the ants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭emo72

just noticed a loada giant ants with wings in my garden. hope their not thinking of taking up residence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Eddy Hill

:eek:
    DominoDub wrote: »
    Flying Ants are starting to swarm in Dublin 4

Looks like the warm weather during the last few days has made them emerge !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_ant_day#Flying_ant_day

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BargainHunter

No flying ants at all here in my nature reserve in Kildare. They must prefer urban areas due to all the concrete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Have a lot of red ants in garden, plenty of winged ones this evening.

• Advertisement
Advertisement