Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

School Bus - No Invoice.....NO BUS SERVICE

• 14-07-2011 5:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

Just a quickie, to let you all know that Bus Eireann have issued invoices out to all parents who's children avail of the school bus service. If you haven't received yours and your school bus is tight on numbers, then the service has probably been CANCELLED.

How do I know this, well I have a daughter in secondary who received her invoice about a week ago, while my son in primary did not. Having made a few phone calls to other parents, my wife discovered that children of the the other bus feeding our school have been issued invoices, while the children on the bus my son is on did not. This bus was tight on numbers - we have 11.

What transpired was that one of the applicants was late and they (Bus Eireann) cancelled the service - without telling anybody but themselves. We are currently trying to have the service restored with the late applicant.

If you haven't received your invoice - ring around the other parents, then start ringing Bus Eireann. Otherwise come the end of August / beginning of September your child will be left waiting for a bus that is not going to arrive !!!

Philip

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Ok well I did recieve an invoice but am hesitent to pay it as I had thought the service had been cancelled. There are only 3 children entitled to the bus and a few more who are concessions who will use it if it runs. The bus was put in place when two schools were amalgamated over 30yrs ago.
    Going by what you are saying I thought the bus service was garaunteed to run if there were 10 pupils availing of the service, surely the 11th late applicant should not have had a negative effect as ye had the numbers without them.
    Our local rural area got together and lobbied to try and retain the bus services under threat. Dont know yet if it made a difference or not.

Advertisement