Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Truck Licences in Australia

Options
  • 14-07-2011 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows what a EC1 truck licence equates to in Australia, Ive seen HC and I think MC, Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 johntoc

Not sure but I think you need to get a licence abstract from the council if you want to drive outside the eu

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Unfortunatly it wont transfer over from a Ireland. I had to go through all of this a couple of weeks ago.

The MVR will transfer your Car license over to a full OZ one, but none of your truck licenses.

I had to do my HR again over here, but ive to hold it for a year before I can do the HC, then another year before you can do MC.

But in fairness the HR was handy to get, you take a free 10 question theory test, which you can sit once a day till you pass. Then basically drove up and down the road to see if you can drive or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭wexford12

I have a C licence would that be any good over there if so what kind of wages could one expect driving a rigid truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

depends on what state you transfer to, i think WA is a state where you can convert. I know lads who were able to start driving trucks here striaght away here by converting

wexford12 wrote: »
    I have a C licence would that be any good over there if so what kind of wages could one expect driving a rigid truck.

Well in the NT they wont transfer it over, but the company im driving for didnt mind me driving on my Irish license, I was only asked to change it over when the company got a Fedral audit done. The NT would be the most lax of all the states when it comes to rules. Its like the wild west up here sometimes lol.

Im making $1300 after tax driving a Water cart building roads and what not. Doing 56 hours a week. Wouldnt exactly call it hard work either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ellaq

You cannot convert a truck licence in WA.

Plus, even when you do get ur OZ HR license u have to hold it a year before you can step up to next tier.

Advertisement