Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will house alarm text message function still work even if Eircom phone is cut off?

Options
  • 14-07-2011 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if my alarm text messaging function will still work if my house alarm goes off even though i have had my eircom phone cut off as i cannot afford it anymore?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if my alarm text messaging function will still work if my house alarm goes off even though i have had my eircom phone cut off as i cannot afford it anymore?

Thanks in advance

No, it wont work as the alarm uses the Eircom messaging service to send the text. If they disconnect the line completely then you will get a line fail message on the keypad as the lines voltage is gone. The alarm will still work as a stand alone alarm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mollypollymoo

Hi Altor

Many thanks for the reply.
    Do you know if there is an alternative way for the house to text you if the alarm goes off without a landline?

Thanks

Hi Altor

Many thanks for the reply.
    Do you know if there is an alternative way for the house to text you if the alarm goes off without a landline?

Thanks

Hi mollypollymoo,

You could install a HKC GSM-P, they cost 320 Euro to buy. It works with a sim card, the same as your mobile phone. It would also give you remote access to the panel for setting/unsetting. You would need the engineer code to add this to your alarm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mollypollymoo

Thanks again Altor

Another question - if i was to keep the broadband with eircom through the landine (i'm assuming this is possible?) would the house still be able to text even though i would not be charged for calls ?

Thanks again Altor

Another question - if i was to keep the broadband with eircom through the landine (i'm assuming this is possible?) would the house still be able to text even though i would not be charged for calls ?

I dont think you can do this with Eircom mollypollymoo, if you ask the question here they would be able to tell you more in relation to the line rental side of things :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement