Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we visit Oz on holidays with a 457 pending?

Options
  • 14-07-2011 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi Guys, quick question! My OH and I were planning on moving to Canberra, As we were offered a job & sponsorship. Our application has been in sice Easter, and last week we were informed the case is closed. The reason given is that the employer did not provide satisfactory information about 'base rates salary'. The employer/sponsor is still eager to re-open the case.
    Our situation now is that we're in Ireland, but have both given up jobs to leave Ireland in August. We would like to go to Oz for 2 weeks and meet with sponsor and sort this out, then move on to NZ where we can work on working holiday visas. My question is (Finally!!) are we allowed to enter Australia on a holiday visa while our visa is still pending??
    Any answers/advice greatly appreciated :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

are we allowed to enter Australia on a holiday visa while our visa is still pending??

I hope so because we're in the same situation more or less. Our visa s being processed and we are supposed to be going over for 2 weeks soon!

I can't see that it would be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

gobby09 wrote: »
    Hi Guys, quick question! My OH and I were planning on moving to Canberra, As we were offered a job & sponsorship. Our application has been in sice Easter, and last week we were informed the case is closed. The reason given is that the employer did not provide satisfactory information about 'base rates salary'. The employer/sponsor is still eager to re-open the case.
    Our situation now is that we're in Ireland, but have both given up jobs to leave Ireland in August. We would like to go to Oz for 2 weeks and meet with sponsor and sort this out, then move on to NZ where we can work on working holiday visas. My question is (Finally!!) are we allowed to enter Australia on a holiday visa while our visa is still pending??
    Any answers/advice greatly appreciated :)

:confused: which is it pending or closed? if closed then yes, if pending then no, you have to get some kind of bridging visa or something ... can't remember the exacts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

We arrived on a holiday visa with the 457 application logged and pending. Not sure if this was right but nothing was said to us...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

jank wrote: »
    We arrived on a holiday visa with the 457 application logged and pending. Not sure if this was right but nothing was said to us...

This is what I did

• Advertisement
Advertisement