Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latency issues with Win 7

Options
  • 14-07-2011 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

after many years making music on mac, i finally switched to PC for maschine. 8Gig of ram, core i7, etc, thought it was going to handle the job. Now, there is a process eating my latency... once in a while.

I have tried to identify where the problem is coming from with Latency Mon ... no success yet ...

here's what's going on ...just with windows running :

DPC%252520Latency%252520Cheker.jpg

Any idea ? all drivers are up to date - my antivirus is on gaming mode.

Any good software to track these issues ?

Have followed most of those steps :

http://www.native-instruments.com/knowledge/questions/847/Windows+7+Tuning+Tips+for+audio+processing

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Could I ask why you had to move to windows just for maschine?

My old windows machine was a bitch to work with along side an external controllers, Maschine, axioms, nocturns! A pure pig.

Moved to Mac and no probs

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

My macbook pro is from 2006 - and is below the recommanded specs for maschine, and I can feel it.

My PC has a Corei7 2630QM, 8 gig of DDR3, a 7200 rpm hdd so way better specs - it should handle maschine no issue ... but it just doesn't :(

Advertisement