Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good solicitor in Donegal

Options
  • 14-07-2011 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Can anyone suggest a good solicitor to deal with a house insurance claim? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

What area (approx.) of the county are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭dunna

Letterkenny, Ballybofey, Stranorlar, Donegal..........
    Anywhere in or around this area! Thanks :)

PM sent

Excellent info muffler!
    Much appreciated!
    Will def look into some of those!
    Thanks again,
    dunna :)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

• Advertisement

O great!
    Will do thanks for that!

rightyabe wrote: »
    dunna wrote: »
    O great!
    Will do thanks for that!
    I would be inclined to ignore that site.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

muffler wrote: »
    I would be inclined to ignore that site.

How is that site even allowed to remain open, its a mixture of settling old scores, story telling that someone "heard" and people blaming the solicitor for losing the case (i guarantee 99% of those people wouldn't have won the case even if God himself was representing them).

I read somewhere that the site is actually hosted in the U.S. and that their laws are much more liberal in relation to defamation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

So we are told by that site to avoid about half our solicitors? Surely that sounds a bit off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

People should go to the solicitor that best suits the case like if its a family law issue go to a solicitor that deals with that or a criminal case go to a solicitor that's good at criminal defense etc, but most people here tend to just go to their local solicitor regardless of the case and maybe all they are good at is land transfers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

its a great site, and its amazing how throughout the country peoples opinions of different solicitors are spot on. Generally no smoke without fire. Ambulance chasers are exposed. Inefficient and slow solicitors are found out to be that. And good ones praised where praise was due.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭rightyabe

It a good site but people are fast to vent their anger whereas if a solicitor done good for them they would forget about it and not look to comment on their solicitor, if you get what I mean. Basically bad news travels fast...

So I can see why there is alot of negative comments on it, but these things should even themselves out over time so maybe it is a good site...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,619 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I used a solicitor who has only 1 review on that site, and its a shocking review, almost libellous.

My experience of them? Excellent!

Advertisement