Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Famous Clare People

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Taceom wrote: »
    There was also a rumour that Peter Kaye had bought a house in the area too, not sure how true that is.
    Did anyone mention David Coleman, not a Clare man but living in Clare, ALSO Crona Byrne -Gay's daughter?
    David Coleman is living in Ogonnelloe, Crona Byrne lives in Ballina/Killaloe (dual citizenship of Clare and Tipp :D:D) I'm not sure where Peter Kay's house is but I have seen him in Killaloe a few times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Bit of a notorious one but Brendan O'Donnell.

Triple murderer and died in the Central Mental Hospital in Dundrum Dublin a number of years ago

Edit from Whitegate in East Clare

mikemac wrote: »
    Bit of a notorious one but Brendan O'Donnell.

Triple murderer and died in the Central Mental Hospital in Dundrum Dublin a number of years ago

Edit from Whitegate in East Clare
    That was an awful tragedy, most people in East Clare want to forget that he ever existed as he terrorised many of them for years when he was alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Just a word on Ger Loughnane, false rumours everywhere about his passing. Seems he is recovering in his sisters house in Kildare and doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mrsbrady

Ya i met another family member this morning and they confirmed same, thank God. they are obviously very upset about the rumours and they are despicable. Best wishes to Ger and his family at this tough time and fingers crossed for a speedy recovery!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭fatherbuzcagney

marty morrissey. the most handsome commentator alive,

oops didn,t see him on list as no 49,

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Taceom

MrsD007 wrote: »
    David Coleman is living in Ogonnelloe, Crona Byrne lives in Ballina/Killaloe (dual citizenship of Clare and Tipp :D:D) I'm not sure where Peter Kay's house is but I have seen him in Killaloe a few times.

Crona also lives in Ogonnelloe. Her business is in Ballina.

Celia Larkin was living in Killaloe, no sure if she still is though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Welcome to the Clare forum Mikemac :), When you start the famous Tipp people thread, we might loan you Jean Butler.

Tipp Thread started a few days after the Clare thread and we already have more posts and more famous people

You can keep Jean Butler

Tipp forum is overflowing with famous people :cool:

mikemac wrote: »
    Tipp Thread started a few days after the Clare thread and we already have more posts and more famous people

You can keep Jean Butler

Tipp forum is overflowing with famous people :cool:
    Jaysus Mikemac if you keeping talking that it is a wall we will be building a wall in Killaloe/Ballina and not a new bridge :D:D:D. I posted in the Tipp Famous People thread myself, I was a big fan of the late Frank Meagher, he was a brilliant sportman. Glad yer thread is going well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Does anyone know if the English actor Paddy Considine has any links to the county. It's such a common surname in Clare.

Advertisement