Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi growing kits

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I don't but just ensure when growing mint that you keep it in a pot as if you plant it in the garden it will take over and you just cannot get rid of the darn thing ! Mint is easy to grow.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

does anyone would these grow here, esp the oranges and lemons and coffee plant?

Has anyone planted these before with any success

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

fitzcoff wrote: »
    does anyone would these grow here, esp the oranges and lemons and coffee plant?

Has anyone planted these before with any success

Bought an orange tree in Lidl before, just too difficult even in a green house, If you had a conservatory it might be worth a try. More of a talking point with guests than actually having a decent harvest from the plants.

I echo Vic point above on mint, don't plant it straight in the ground, it grows like mad and you will be forever more be diggging up the roots to stop it spreading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Would the monkey nut one be easy enough to grow?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,448 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Maybe, but they are not very interesting to look at as the 'nuts' grow underground. You would do as well with a raw monkeynut and just put it in a pot of compost on a windowledge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Geog ariphic

Bonsai practice is an unusual form of plant cultivation in that growth from seeds is rarely used to obtain source material.
    According to wikipedia. I just bought one of those Aldi kits. Great -_-.

Advertisement