Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Strasburg Goose only ok

Options
  • 14-07-2011 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

So finally tried The Strasburg Goose and its nice but no where near as nice as Market Lane . Had fish cake for starter which was lovely but the main couse not brilliant. The potatos are way nicer in market lane and the house wine far superior.The chocolate dessert was too rich and gooey and i am a chocolate lover . I wont be rushing back but will try again sometime

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Havent been there yet, i tried liberty grill 2 weeks back and i couldnt of been happier good prices good food.
    I also like market lane , i love their main courses but their starters do nothing for me really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Yeah agree with you there. The menu never changes. not exciting enough with flavours

In fairness Market Lane is savage but it is more expensive than the Strasburg Goose, only in the SG once but it was great. Booking in advance is a pain though.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

I find SG very good. Great value on there 3 courses for €20. The service there is excellent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Went there once ages ago and I wasn't impressed. Nobody spilled soup on me or anything but thought the dishes were unexciting and a little overpriced.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I have been in the SG a few times.
    Recently it hasn't been up to scratch.

I did however have one of the best steaks with savage mushrooms there about 2 years ago....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

totally agree with you OP. At €20 for 3 courses, its is great value but is definitely not the best restaurant in cork as many people harp on about.

In fairness not many folk would consider it the best restaurant in cork, however the set price is a great option these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,703 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Bit unfair to be comparing the Strasbourg Goose to Market Lane though, totally different price range.

As stated above, Strasbourg goose is 20euros regardless what you pick, for a full 3 course meal. Market lane is pretty much a minimum of 50% more expensive. Thats the difference between a place you could afford to go on an almost weekly basis versus an occasional/rare treat, which is probably how its best to look at them I think.

Advertisement